Search

Search

Search for
By user

Posts written by Benefit1970:

jrkookid said:
SaintzSeph said:
Whoa!

I did remember the password although no that I think of it, I could have just reset it again...

I DONT USE PROPER ENGLISH FAGGOT!

Yep, that's some clean Engrish there. No that I thnk of it, i realised that mebbe i have sum trubble using the write english ass well! I think that I shuld work on hoked on fonics! werked for me!

Call 1 - 800 - ABCDEFG ! ! !

-Brandon
It might be easier to just post a new question as a new post so people don't have to wade hip-deep into bullshit to find an answer to a simple question.

-Brandon

P.S. I love u
Truck
Ok, I have kept my mouth shut about this for long enough!!!!

I have read everything there is to read that hasn't been deleted over the years, and still get conflicting advice about how to do your sky textures.

One place says make a box around your map. Another says no, that's retarded, just put a roof on it and make the roof your sky. Another says no, you stupid dumbass, you're supposed to extend your wall brushes up a few "feet" and turn that into sky, as WELL as a roof on your map!

So help me! What's the proper way to do your sky??? And also, if you want something like vertigo, were you can sort of see down "into" the sky from above, dont you HAVE to make a box around your map?

Give me your advice and screen shots (if possible).

Thanks in advance!

-Brandon
superjer said:
Haha Santa eating dead commies. Nice.

Way too hard though. Or maybe it's just b/c my work-puter is slow.

OMFG HE'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUPERJER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Brandon
Eh, you guys are super jealous.

BTW, go to hulu.com and search for an SNL skit called "Jizz in my pants." lol...

-Bg
Dude I edited as you posted that.

-Brandon
With everything that's happened in the world, wouldn't you entertain the possibility that that the egg is, in fact, the chicken, and the chicken is the egg.??!?!?!

WoAoAoOoAoAh!!!!!!

Did I just blow your mind?

Or just your load?

-Brandon

p.s. please don't tell me if you blew your load. that's gross. and dont ask why 'load' is white.
Benefit1970 said:
Mate de Vita said:
aaronjer said:
I'd think most people would say they won "the" lottery, actually.

yeah, but you can't say that you won 10 000 000$ the lottery

btw no, I haven't forgotten, I'm writing this from under my bed.

You say, "Hey mothafu**ers!

Yeah, I said it! Mothafuzzers!

And if you have excessive body hair and take offense to being called fuzzy, then I suggest you bust out a carton of Gilletes and a bottle of Nair, 'cause ain't much else gonna change that. That shit's nasty. Just nasty.

-Brandon
Mate de Vita said:
aaronjer said:
I'd think most people would say they won "the" lottery, actually.

yeah, but you can't say that you won 10 000 000$ the lottery

btw no, I haven't forgotten, I'm writing this from under my bed.

You say, "Hey mothafu**ers! I won $10,000,000 in the lottery, biotch! Yeah! Suck my wrinkles! Which wrinkles? You know which ones! The ones holdin' mah nutz, suckahhhH!!!!!!! But maybe I'll scoop 'em out and put the cash in so you know what's up!!!! AWWWWW YEAH!!!!!!!"

Just like that.

-Brandon
Thanks ya'll

I looked really close, and when I carved the floor with the cylinder, it not only broke the floor into triangles, the spaces between them were themselves cracks! I thought it wouldn't do that.

I like the arch idea. I will try all of this out and tell you how it goes!

-Brandon
Hey, so I'm trying to make a room with water, and if you swim to the bottom there will be an 8-sided pipe that you can swim into and blah blah blah. So I need to know how to make 45 degree angle bends in that pipe (so it's not just a corner), but more importantly..

When I tried to do it, it created leaks! Does someone know a good way to stick a pipe going through one floor, traveling around outer space, then back through another hole in the floor?

For mine I used the un-hollowed 8-sided block and carved the hole into the floor, then hollowed it... But it always gave me leaks?

Who can halp me?

*Halp! Halp! I'm a beautiful princess, and if you rescue me from my dilemma I'll give you a kiss!

Halp!

-Brandon
Havokk Edge said:
Brownish!!!!

Tell that to the makers of 'Home-n-Health Brown-ish Bread'.

http://www.the-wood-family.org/tupperware_avalanche/NPW_foodpix/sliced_white_bread.jpg

They tried your little "brown-ish" idea and look what it got them! They always forget to mix the insects directly into the batter instead of trying to tack it on to the heel!

Imbeciles! You and them alike!

-Brandon
Havokk Edge said:
I think being a piece of bread he should be brownish.

Brown?!?!?!

What if he's allergic to wheat, you jerk? What, you just want him to deal with an acute increase in blood pressure, heart palpations, and a constricted airway just so you can see your precious 'brown' bread? Well fine. But you're going to have to live with the consequences.

You're scum.

Oh, and you allergy-enducing pondwalker.

-Brandon
I wanna change my color too!!!

Aww, man.....

-Brandon
Down Rodeo said:
Be careful with that sarcasm Brandon! Some people around here don't get it...

Sarcasm?

What sarcasm?

Naw, I'm just playing. Humor is good for the soul anyway. Like chicken soup..!

Get it!?! CHICKEN soup?

-Brandon
scorch-1995 said:
Benefit1970 said:
Wow, that's not an ad........................

HEY GUYS! Where do I got to get a bigger johnson for my wife to love???

Oh!

Nevermind! I went to www.bigfatjohnson.com and now I have the biggest wang in the world! You should all go there!!!

Look! ============)

Wowie!

-Brandon

Next time please tell me normally. Don't make it too dramatic. I will understand if you say: "Don't post links on this website, ok?" And I'll say: "Yeah, sure, sorry." Not a big deal.

Dude, I'm a n00b. Don't listen to me!

I was just trying to make a funny, like Splinter in the Ninja Turtles.

You remember!

I just thought it looked like a blatent ad. But I've been wrong before and will be wrong again, and it looks like I was wrong this time too!

-Brandon

In my defense, at least mine is SUPPOSED to look ambiguous...unlike SRAW's..........

Creepy man-woman beckons thee!

-Brandon
molkman said:
...in the beginning they were neither egg nor chicken, they were like, a simple cell or something and so they evolved...neither or both[/].

Oh really? I have someone who would disagree. His name is GOD!

God = make a chicken, Chicken = lay an egg.

Chicken = first.

-Brandon

P.S. The earth is 4000 years old and we used to co-exist with dinosuars and trilobites.

Oh, and the earth is flat.
Wow, that's not an ad........................

HEY GUYS! Where do I got to get a bigger johnson for my wife to love???

Oh!

Nevermind! I went to www.bigfatjohnson.com and now I have the biggest wang in the world! You should all go there!!!

Look! ============)

Wowie!

-Brandon
Here's what you do:

Create a buyzone.
Load your map and whatnot.
When you're in it, open console.
Type "Impulse 101" without quotes.
This will give you $16,000!

But for some reason, you cannot switch between weapons. So when you run out of bullets, drop your gun to use next weapon.

Cheers!

-Brandon
Tips to remember:

Don't EVER tell ANYONE you're depressed! ESPECIALLY not girlfriends (if it's not serious), and ESPECIALLY-DOUBLE not EX-GIRLFRIENDS

Don't be mean. Maybe she has a hot friend she'll introduce you to someday

Act like things affect you less than they do

Remember these tips and YOU TOO will never be made fun of behind your back!

-Brandon
Dear Lord: I want only one thing. And that's to not fall asleep Christmas eve and wake up in the middle of the night to find that guy in my living room in the chimney with a big red sack.

-Brandon
Mate de Vita said:
could someone please explain to me exactly what the following entity properties do since almost every entity I've used so far has them:
Render FX
Render Mode
FX Amount
FX Color

Which ones do I need to change to make the blue parts of the { textures transparent/invisible/seethroughable(yes, that's a word)/whatever else you wanna call it?

Render FX - No fucking idea. Why not mess around with them and see? I've never used them.

Render mode - To create a vent you can see through, use SOLID

FX Amount - Sets the transparency of object, MINUS the part that is see through. This will be see through anyway. 255 = a vent that looks normal. 0 = a vent thats 100% invisible.

FX Color - No clue. Experiment. Maybe it gives it a different shade of a certain color.

-Brandon
Five things to remember with vents:

1) If you want them to be see-through, you need to use the vents that start with " { "

Those are the ones with the blue in between the slats. The blue will be the part you can see through. Interesting side note... The only objects that have parts within them that you can see through start with this symbol " { " also! So you can browse your textures and just type " { " and it will show you all the ones you can see through. Anyway.

2) Choose func_breakable like eDan said. This will make it breakable.

3) Strength. The number corresponds with the number of hit points (or whatever) it will take to break it. If you want it to be broken easily, use a low number. A knife hit, like 15 or something. An awp, 100. If you want someone to empty a clip into it before it breaks, pick like 400.

4) Material type (or is it render mode..). Find the one that starts on "Normal." Change this to "Solid." If you don't do this, it won't work properly!

5) Fx Amount: If you don't do 255, then the slats that are SUPPOSED to show up WONT show up. 0 will make the whole thing invisible. If you're doing like a glass vent or something, it might be cool to set it to 100, but you would have to make a model for a glass, see-through vent. Waste of time.

So there you go! Do this and you will make a sweet vent! I personally like to have some vents that take a while to break. Makes you think twice before doing it because it either wastes bullets, takes too long, or is loud and you're detected.

-Brandon

First of all... I have never made a ladder with three parts, and I have never had trouble being able to walk through them. So there's that.

The other thing is if you're given that message about it already being tied to an entity... I just delete it and make a new one. This is because you run the risk of ruining it, and I don't mess with that. Like Killer Duck said, after you've selected an object and hit "Control-T" and have tied it to an entity, the only safe way to mess with it after that is to select it and hit "Alt-Enter." When in doubt, ALWAYS do "Alt-Enter" so as not to run the risk of messing it up!

So yeah.

Basically, do this: Select the any brush you want.
Make a ladder-ish shaped thing.
Select it. Make sure it's highlighted.
Hit "Control-T".
Select "func_ladder."
Close the box.
Save it, export it, compile it, play it.
If you can't climb it, then maybe you need to hire someone to help.

:-)

-Brandon
Weird, I can't with mine

-Brandon
WEeeeeEE!!!!

-Brandon
Two ways:

You can either save your map, export it, and then open up Worldcraft again and go to the toolbar MAP, and Load Pointfile... It will create a red zig-zaggy line all over your 2d views.

Or, (The better way), make sure to save and export your map and then play it in CS. Yes, it will be laggy as hell. Then go to console and type 'pointfile.' That way you will be able to see the linein 3d, since Worldcraft doesn't let you see your pointfile in 3d view for some ungodly reason.

Follow that line! It will lead outside to where the crack in the hull is. Only problem is if you have multiple cracks... Oh well.

It's worth a shot!

-Brandon
Nevermind, I fixed it. It was because I needed to check "x axis" in flags. Now it opens the way i want it to. Hurray!

Thanks anyway

-Brandon
I seem to not be able to make a trapdoor!

When I make it, it just swivels over to the side instead of opening up!

Help me! It looks weird!

-Brandon
What worked?

WHICH ONE OF US GAVE THE GREAT ADVICE!?!?!

-Brandon
One thing you might want to look for is making sure, if you tried to make a door, that your origin entity is tied with your door.

If you select both the origin and the door (using Control-click), and you bring up the entities list (using control-T), and select func_door_rotating, it will make sure that the origin is tied to something. DO NOT DO THESE SEPARATELY!

I don't know if this is the problem, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

-Brandon
Hey that doesn't work!

I can select a single face, but it won't let me apply a different texture to it!

What gives?

-Brandon

(((EDITED)))P.S. I didn't realize you had to hit the 'apply' button instead of using the regular button on the left side.

Sowwie!!!!!!!
Actually I'll add to this...

I have a room that's seemingly blocked off from light, but it's still bright. All my walls are func_walls.

How to make it dark?

-Brandon
One thing I found out will make you, the player, very dark is to set the patch of ground you want to be dark as a func_wall. When you wall over it, you will turn black. I am going to use this to make a little corner super-ultra dark. Try it! Experiment by spawning a hostie on it, and they will be completely black.

-Brandon
Ah! You are so right my head hurttts

Thank you

-Brandon

Argh thats not it, because now the whole vent is invisible. I just want the blue space between the bars to be invisible.

Can anyone help?

-Brandon
This is silly... But I thought the vent covers in the half life wad, the ones with the blue between the bars... I thought those were supposed to be see-through. Not see-through as in clear, but as in you can see between the bars. I'm making a map where vents are an integral part. How can I make these vents so I can see between the bars?

Please help! You and your mother will like this map when it's done.

-Brandon
Make sure that your .map, .bat and that file it's referring to are all in the same folder. That's a start.

-Brandon
newbie said:
shift + A and select a side and texture

Gracias!

Anyone know about the second thing?
How do you get a different texture for single sides of a brush?

I ask because I'm told you're supposed to NULL everything that people can't see, but so far I've only be able to change the texture of the whole thing.

Also... I'm told if you allow there to be empty space between where you are and the next room over, that it cuts down on r_speeds because you don't have to load the data for that room until you can either see it or your line of sight isn't impeded by dead space (and by this, I mean completely unused, black space with nothing on it). I was wondering if there has to be a certain amount for that to work...? For example, can I build my walls with a teeny tiny amount of dead space and get my r_speeds down?

-Brandon