Search

Search

Search for
By user

Posts written by athlete473:

User
ok im makin map and want to know how to make like a puch lift gravity thing. where like u step on a thing and a force jus like pushes u up..how would i do this? kind of like in quake or halo
User
lol mines gonna be a zm map. and how would i trigger it to make doors open in 10 seconds...like in detail and yeah i found some in halflife.wad thanks
User
ok i want a cell door that opens like 10 seconds into the round. first off where can i get a cell door tecxture so u can liek see through bars...and how to i make it so after like 10 seconds it opens..like a regular door on hinges
Truck
User
well i did like ive u use clip like then select a certain piece of the wall and use edit> cut. it gets rid of that piece and makes hole
User
lol yeah wat edan said. i mean im still a noob =p. but i help with wat i know lol =]
Truck
User
u want to use the clipping tool found in left options area. u use this to cut certain areas. http://www.editlife.net/tutorial.php?tutid=48 (go here for more info)
User
press " [ " this makes the grid size smaller. (making objects smaller) and to get grid bigger press " ] "
User
lol u have to use that part of the tutorial to make the .map file into a .bsp..or all of that... basically make the map then go to file >export to .map
export to zhlt folder. in zhlt folderu should have already made a new text document "mapname.bat" then once u export to.map edit the mapname.bat with notepad or sumtin. and than do wat person above me said with "@echo off etc..." (sorry dont remem who posted that) and than double click mapname.bat and if all goes well after few minutes itll say 1 files copid "press any key to continue " if u press the cs will pop up and map will be there. of course if u run it this way u will always be ct atleast i am. so u might wanna load the bsp file on a actual server. and as for water texture halflife.wad has one. so to get it use gcf scape and go to C:\steam\steamapps\ (may be a little diff jus find ur steam folder) with gcf scape and select half life.gcf and open it than u will find the half-life.wad u want to export that sumwhere u can easily find it liek ur desktop...than in valve hammer go to options and textures tab. find the .wad file and add it...theres a water texture in there...sorry if a lil messed up did this from memory
User
hey nubcake if ur using the option "press any button to continue" or w/e after u compile using zhlt compiler or w/e u use...and than u play it that way i think it always makes u CT. atleast for me it does..but if u play it in game like on server it works fine
Truck
User
omg it worked, thank you soooooo much
Truck
User
ok, ill try and tell u if it works
Truck
User
yeah idk how to the first thing u said...how do u add the launch option...and i have counter-strike 1 anthology and game of the year edition half life 2 which also includes css hl2 deathmatch and hl source
Truck
User
or am i askin a stupid question? cuz im not very familiar with garrys mod but one dude wanted me to make map for garrys mod but said i would need source sdk
Truck
User
yeah i mean ive uninstalled/reinstalled it even done that with steam. and cs. so yeah idk... do i NEED the source sdk to map for garrys mod and that stuff...cuz right now im usin the valve hamemr editor u guys give for regular cs. but can i use the one u guys give to download to make maps for garrys mod and stuff
Truck
User
when i launch source SDK it loads and stuff but than says "SDKLAUCHER.exe heas stopped working" what wrong and how can i fix it..? do i need to reinstall steam would that help?
User
lol thanks =]
User
yeah u can go to side view and move the brush up to its cieling BTW to copy hold shift and select floor brush move it up let go of brush then let go of shift
User
im gonna have to use source sdk to make map for it but do i set configs up same way as i would for a cs map?
User
hey begginer u were right the black box appears if u dont set render mode to additive ...or glow, i used glow
User
i fixed the errors and my map is compiling right now..thanks everyone for ur help
User
ok i checked what brushes had the errors...and they were all ladders i made? BUT before i add stuff to my map all of the ladders up the guard towers were working fine...would shrinking my WHOLE map maybe mess up these ladders? and By the way it was the part of ladder with AAATRIGGER texture
User
lol i think i read that firetruck
User
lol thanks, uve been really helpful since ive first started posting here =].
User
ok i found out what a complanar plane and a no normal was..but what does it mean by a complanar is when two faces are on the same plane? like with a regular square box arent two faces already on the same plane..? but neways i guess what my main question is, is how to i find what object has these errors?
User
ok i tried to compile my map but i keep getting this error...whats it mean and what should i do?

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 0: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 6, Brush 0, Side 0: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: plane with no normal
Description: The map has a problem which must be fixed
Howto Fix: Check the file ZHLTProblems.html for a detailed explanation of this problem

hlcsg: Error: Entity 6, Brush 0, Side 1: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 6, Brush 0, Side 1: has a coplanar plane at (1766, -1461, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 1: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 1: has a coplanar plane at (-1789, -1461, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 6, Brush 0, Side 2: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 2: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 2: has a coplanar plane at (-1789, -1461, -24), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 6, Brush 0, Side 2: has a coplanar plane at (1766, -1461, -24), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 2: has a coplanar plane at (-1789, -1461, -24), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 3: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 6, Brush 0, Side 2: has a coplanar plane at (1766, -1461, -24), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 3: has a coplanar plane at (-1766, -1461, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 6, Brush 0, Side 3: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 6, Brush 0, Side 3: has a coplanar plane at (1789, -1461, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 3: has a coplanar plane at (-1766, -1461, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 6, Brush 0, Side 3: has a coplanar plane at (1789, -1461, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 5: has a coplanar plane at (-1766, -1461, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 6, Brush 0, Side 5: has a coplanar plane at (1789, -1461, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 8, Brush 0, Side 0: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 8, Brush 0, Side 1: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 10, Brush 0, Side 0: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 8, Brush 0, Side 1: has a coplanar plane at (1800, 1470, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 8, Brush 0, Side 2: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 10, Brush 0, Side 1: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 10, Brush 0, Side 1: has a coplanar plane at (-1777, 1470, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 8, Brush 0, Side 2: has a coplanar plane at (1800, 1470, -24), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 8, Brush 0, Side 2: has a coplanar plane at (1800, 1470, -24), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 10, Brush 0, Side 2: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 8, Brush 0, Side 3: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 10, Brush 0, Side 2: has a coplanar plane at (-1777, 1470, -24), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 8, Brush 0, Side 3: has a coplanar plane at (1777, 1470, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 8, Brush 0, Side 3: has a coplanar plane at (1777, 1470, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 10, Brush 0, Side 2: has a coplanar plane at (-1777, 1470, -24), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 10, Brush 0, Side 3: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 8, Brush 0, Side 5: has a coplanar plane at (1777, 1470, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 10, Brush 0, Side 3: has a coplanar plane at (-1800, 1470, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 10, Brush 0, Side 3: has a coplanar plane at (-1800, 1470, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

hlcsg: Error: Entity 10, Brush 0, Side 5: has a coplanar plane at (-1800, 1470, -320), texture AAATRIGGER

User
uhm im not too familiar with env_sprite..but i am learning
User
lol yeah..and edan what i think happened was i didnt set the teleport box with AAATRIGGER texture to invisible..that wat i think caused the black box to show up
User
ok nevermind i got it to work...i dont know what the problem was...i must have done sumtin wrong the first time..
User
ok so i know how to make a teleporter...and im guessing to use env_glow ... but im probably wrong since when i test map the glow shows up and teleports me....but theres black box around the glow...and yeah i dont want it...so how do u make like a glowing light that teleports you like in fun_allinone ? please help
User
i downloaded a enviornment map from thewadfather and i was wondering how u add it onto hammer so u can use it while making a map...i know how to add a sky and use default ones..but im trying to figure out how to use a custom one like the ones from wadfather ...please help
User
what do u do with the sky maps u download from wadfather after u download them?
User
yeah..i know..i dont think u understood what i meant..but anyways i figured it out...but thanks for help...
User
well i want one for cs..so what do i do for that
User
i dont have source sdk was i sopposed to download hammer from that? cuz ik u can..but i downloaded it from link in tutorial should i uninstall and than download source sdk?
User
yeah sorry didnt see it . but wat do i do if its .vmf? cuz thats what most of the prefabs im finding are
User
huh...well yeah the stairs one i want is a .vmf and wont open with hammer cuz like it says sumtin bout the 1 solid having errors..but i also found a bridge i want that is a .map file. so ill jus make that a prefab...but like yeah the one is a .vmf
User
also how do u make ur whole map smaller. like everything. cuz i got an error and read .err file and it said could have been caused by too big of a room
User
ok like i know how to use prefabs and stuff but how do you add some that u download like http://www.snarkpit.net/editing.php?page=files&game=HL2&type=prefabs&subcat=examples has a bunch of prefabs u can download that are .vmf files where would i put that file so that i can use it while making a map with valve hammer editor?
User
lol ok thanks..i jus started learnin to do all of this yesterday..i can make good basic maps jus startin to add sky, water, and ladders and stuff... but yeah thanks for the help
User
ok but wat i mean is like...are there certain wads that have these tool textures ... http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Tool_textures
User
ok so i have hammer 3.4 and im trying to make water and ladders and all of that but i need certain textures to put on brushes...it says just to search the textures for like "nodraw" but nothing comes up for search...am i sopposed to download a certain wad file or does it come with valve hammer editor...how do i get these textures?