2 different faces

2 different faces

Hammer Mapping — Page [1]
nectar
2010 Mar 8 • 232
i have seen some maps in which1 wall have 2 faces and thar 1 face u can see through it and the other face no, in another words 1 face is transparent and the other opaque, and yes u can through the transparent fae as if the opaque wall isnt there
I love cows and monkeys including cookies :D
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 14:18 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
Not to be rude, but If you'd have searched a little before posting, you would have seen that there is a thread about the same thing like 4 or 5 threads below this one
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 14:49 PDT
nectar
2010 Mar 8 • 232
Rockbomb said:
Not to be rude, but If you'd have searched a little before posting, you would have seen that there is a thread about the same thing like 4 or 5 threads below this one
well indead i did and i foung how to make different but not how to make it transparent
I love cows and monkeys including cookies :D
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 15:17 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
nectar said:
Rockbomb said:
Not to be rude, but If you'd have searched a little before posting, you would have seen that there is a thread about the same thing like 4 or 5 threads below this one
well indead i did and i foung how to make different but not how to make it transparent

Ah, well I can't remember the exact name of the texture as I don't have hammer installed on this comp, but the preview of it looks like an eye if I recall correctly. I'll try and install hammer so I can get the name of the texture for you.

Edit: I was thinking of the clip texture, which would be clear, but you wouldn't be able to walk through it (I think).
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 15:26 PDT — Ed. 2010 Mar 31 at 15:31 PDT
nectar
2010 Mar 8 • 232
Rockbomb said:
nectar said:
Rockbomb said:
Not to be rude, but If you'd have searched a little before posting, you would have seen that there is a thread about the same thing like 4 or 5 threads below this one
well indead i did and i foung how to make different but not how to make it transparent

Ah, well I can't remember the exact name of the texture as I don't have hammer installed on this comp, but the preview of it looks like an eye if I recall correctly. I'll try and install hammer so I can get the name of the texture for you.

Edit: I was thinking of the clip texture, which would be clear, but you wouldn't be able to walk through it (I think).


do u mean the AAAtrigger? the one that is like a face or a pink thing with the lambda logo?
I love cows and monkeys including cookies :D
 
 
2010 Apr 1 at 06:00 PDT
Killer-Duck
Homicidal Anatidae

2008 Mar 5 • 1169
633 ₧
Cover one of the faces with the texture called {BLUE and the other sides with textures of your choice. Turn brush into func_wall, in its properties set "Render Mode" to Solid and make sure "FX Amount" is set to 255.
QUACK! QUACK!
 
 
2010 Apr 5 at 06:36 PDT
nectar
2010 Mar 8 • 232
Killer-Duck said:
Cover one of the faces with the texture called {BLUE and the other sides with textures of your choice. Turn brush int func_wall, in its properties set "Render Mode" to Solid and make sure "FX Amount" is set to 255.
i did it but it make all transparent...
I love cows and monkeys including cookies :D
 
 
2010 Apr 10 at 14:07 PDT
SRAW
Rocket Man

2007 Nov 6 • 2525
601 ₧
you want a one sided glass?
i remember on this site http://www.twhl.co.za , there was some tutorial or a map that had this thing
anyway to explain it to you, make a brush and on one face set the texture to null(or someother special character) and on the other face have your intended texture
to make one face have a certain texture, you have to open up the texture tool thing or something, but unfortunately i dont have hammer installed anymore :(
Free Steam Games
 
 
2010 Apr 11 at 01:36 PDT
Killer-Duck
Homicidal Anatidae

2008 Mar 5 • 1169
633 ₧
nectar said:
Killer-Duck said:
Cover one of the faces with the texture called {BLUE and the other sides with textures of your choice. Turn brush int func_wall, in its properties set "Render Mode" to Solid and make sure "FX Amount" is set to 255.
i did it but it make all transparent...


Do you want glass on the other side? Then just place glass in front of the transparent side.
QUACK! QUACK!
 
 
2010 Apr 11 at 05:47 PDT
nectar
2010 Mar 8 • 232
no, i mean i want one side that u can see through and the other not like u can see Ts and Ts cant see CTs. or yes it can be glass too, that in one side is transparent like glass and the other solid that u cant see throug it
I love cows and monkeys including cookies :D
 
 
2010 Apr 11 at 12:02 PDT
Mate de Vita
Kelli

2008 Oct 4 • 2453
159 ₧
What texture did you use on the other side?
...and that's the bottom line because Mate de Vita said so.
 
 
2010 Apr 11 at 12:38 PDT
SRAW
Rocket Man

2007 Nov 6 • 2525
601 ₧
nectar said:
no, i mean i want one side that u can see through and the other not like u can see Ts and Ts cant see CTs. or yes it can be glass too, that in one side is transparent like glass and the other solid that u cant see throug it


if you want one side that can see through and the other cant, refer to my post above...
Free Steam Games
 
 
2010 Apr 11 at 17:54 PDT
Page [1]