Ok, just got hammer yesterday, and read the tutorial you made on mapping. (thanks btw)
Map plan: with 2 buildings spread fairly far apart, and open space in the middle. The middle has a few barriers to hide behind. The buildings are facing eachother and have 3 floors each, with lots of windows.
Note I have a nonsteam cs 1.6
Heres the questions:
1) How do you make breakable objects, and how do you make it transparent(like glass)
2) when I make a block, and use the vertex tool to make it into a ramp, 1 side doesnt show. Then when I save and reload the map, its an infinite ramp. What am i doing wrong?
3) How do I make a climbing surface? I saw the ladder guide, but I have no idea how to make an AAAtrigger.
4) How do I make a trigger that opens a door(garage door), similar to the garage one in cs_office.
5) Whats the clipping tool and path tool do
6) How do I actually make my map functional? I can run it, but do i need to move all the compiled files into the directory where cs reads my maps?
7) Yes or no: Can I have one brush with windows built it? Or do I have to make brushes around the window
8)Does the armory_entity allow for all weapons tobe bought? because the properties say weapon_mp5. And does it make the whole level a buy zone?
Thanks for reading