Error in mapname.map

Error in mapname.map

Hammer Mapping — Page [1]
improvements
2009 Jan 21 • 31
Hello, i just started making the map and i followed all the steps and when i went to run the .bat file, i checked if the mapname.err was there and it was and it says "hlcsg: Error: Error opening mapname.map: No such file or directory"

how do i fix this problem?

 
 
2009 Jan 21 at 13:01 PST
Mate de Vita
Kelli

2008 Oct 4 • 2453
159 ₧
improvements said:
Hello, i just started making the map and i followed all the steps and when i went to run the .bat file, i checked if the mapname.err was there and it was and it says "hlcsg: Error: Error opening mapname.map: No such file or directory"

how do i fix this problem?


post the contents of your bat file please.
Also what is your map called?
...and that's the bottom line because Mate de Vita said so.
 
 
2009 Jan 21 at 13:02 PST
improvements
2009 Jan 21 • 31
the thing i edited
@echo off
hlcsg -nowadtextures mapname
hlbsp mapname
hlvis mapname
hlrad mapname
copy mapname.bsp "C:\Steam\SteamApps\EMAIL\counter-strike\cstrike\maps"
pause
"C:\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 10 -dev +sv_cheats 1 +map mapname

and i just called the map" Mitch

The .bat file says mitch.bat and the .map file says Mitch.map
Does the cap M make a difference?
 
 
2009 Jan 21 at 13:04 PST
Mate de Vita
Kelli

2008 Oct 4 • 2453
159 ₧
improvements said:
the thing i edited
@echo off
hlcsg -nowadtextures mapname
hlbsp mapname
hlvis mapname
hlrad mapname
copy mapname.bsp "C:\Steam\SteamApps\EMAIL\counter-strike\cstrike\maps"
pause
"C:\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 10 -dev +sv_cheats 1 +map mapname

and i just called the map" Mitch

The .bat file says mitch.bat and the .map file says Mitch.map
Does the cap M make a difference?

I quote from the tutorial:
Quote:
{insert random bullshit} This should cause Notepad to open with nothing in it. Type the following stuff into the document exactly as shown, replacing 'mapname' with whatever name you are actually using {more random bullshit}


so in your case just change all the mapname-s to mitch. And it's better to have no capital letters.
...and that's the bottom line because Mate de Vita said so.
 
 
2009 Jan 21 at 13:07 PST
improvements
2009 Jan 21 • 31
Ok, all the files that had (mapname) are now the same as my map name (mitch)


EDIT: nvm im an idiot, ok i switched the contents of the .bat file from "mapname" too "mitch"
 
 
2009 Jan 21 at 13:09 PST — Ed. 2009 Jan 21 at 13:12 PST
improvements
2009 Jan 21 • 31
ok, i did it all no .err file but in the step guide it said counter-strike will start when i push any button, i did so and counter-strike did not start. what does this mean.

Also does this work for counter-strike Condtion Zero?
 
 
2009 Jan 21 at 13:16 PST
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
Windows is case insensitive so the case doesn't matter. Quite often CS fails to start, check your paths. Yes these maps will work for CS:CZ.
 
 
2009 Jan 21 at 14:17 PST
improvements
2009 Jan 21 • 31
what paths?
 
 
2009 Jan 21 at 18:55 PST
improvements
2009 Jan 21 • 31
Ok, i got the game too load, but it didn't load my map. what do i have too do so my map opens in game?
 
 
2009 Jan 21 at 19:02 PST
Mate de Vita
Kelli

2008 Oct 4 • 2453
159 ₧
improvements said:
Ok, i got the game too load, but it didn't load my map. what do i have too do so my map opens in game?

you can choose it from the list of maps in new game or you can make sure that you changed the last 'mapname' in your bat file to your actual mapname.
...and that's the bottom line because Mate de Vita said so.
 
 
2009 Jan 22 at 05:46 PST
Page [1]