Finished map.

Finished map.

Hammer Mapping — Page [1] 2
Sushi

2009 Nov 12 • 364
Ok, I finished my map and I gave it to my friend and he put it in the server. But when he changed the map to my map, he said the server froze but, it allowed me to go in. Not other players.

Help please.
 
 
2010 Jun 12 at 18:33 PDT — Ed. 2010 Jun 12 at 18:35 PDT
Killer-Duck
Homicidal Anatidae

2008 Mar 5 • 1169
633 ₧
Did you use any custom wads?
QUACK! QUACK!
 
 
2010 Jun 13 at 03:37 PDT
Sushi

2009 Nov 12 • 364
What you mean custom?

Well I used less then 8 WADs. How would I know which WADs I used?
 
 
2010 Jun 13 at 09:23 PDT — Ed. 2010 Jun 13 at 09:27 PDT
Killer-Duck
Homicidal Anatidae

2008 Mar 5 • 1169
633 ₧
It's easiest just to compile with the csg-flag -nowadtextures and it should include all the textures inside the bsp.

QUACK! QUACK!
 
 
2010 Jun 13 at 10:13 PDT
Sushi

2009 Nov 12 • 364
Thanks.
 
 
2010 Jun 13 at 11:02 PDT
Sushi

2009 Nov 12 • 364
Ahh, I gave him all files and people still won't let them go in.

They said download stops and they freeze.... But I'm the only one that allows me in. :(

Here is the map. See if anyone can see the problem!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hvu19y
 
 
2010 Jun 15 at 21:23 PDT — Ed. 2010 Jun 15 at 21:24 PDT
fedex _

2009 Mar 23 • 906
13 ₧
Sushi said:
Ahh, I gave him all files and people still won't let them go in.

They said download stops and they freeze.... But I'm the only one that allows me in. :(

Here is the map. See if anyone can see the problem!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hvu19y




lol maybe cause its 89mb .
melloyellow582 said:
I post sometimes, to make a point.
 
 
2010 Jun 16 at 00:19 PDT
Sushi

2009 Nov 12 • 364
Well, if I put in the textures it will go up... But with out them, it's 7 mb....
 
 
2010 Jun 16 at 08:02 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
You're using a lot of custom textures, then. Might be best to try to stick to defaults - because 80-odd meg for a CS map is a lot.
 
 
2010 Jun 16 at 08:27 PDT
Sushi

2009 Nov 12 • 364
What are the default textures? :(

Cuz the only custom texture I know that I used is my credits. "Map made by blahblah"
 
 
2010 Jun 16 at 08:34 PDT — Ed. 2010 Jun 16 at 08:35 PDT
Sushi

2009 Nov 12 • 364
And even if I send him the 7 mb. It still stops.
 
 
2010 Jun 16 at 15:44 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
Anything that is present in the wads that come with Half-Life/CounterStrike. Those are wads, incidentally, that you don't need to include in the map. To choose exactly which wads you include you can use the command

-wadinclude whatever.wad

Instead of -nowadtextures. I hope that makes sense.
 
 
2010 Jun 16 at 15:46 PDT
Sushi

2009 Nov 12 • 364
Don't get it.

I'm asking what is the default wad's so I can replace the textures in my map.
 
 
2010 Jun 16 at 15:55 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
I'm telling you I don't know but they are the ones that are there when you first install CounterStrike. So wads that match the name of the maps that come with the game, for instance. And Half-Life.wad, that sort of thing.
 
 
2010 Jun 16 at 15:59 PDT
Sushi

2009 Nov 12 • 364
I tried adding halflife.wad but, when I apple it, vhe crash.
 
 
2010 Jun 16 at 16:01 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
 
 
2010 Jun 16 at 16:04 PDT
Sushi

2009 Nov 12 • 364
halflife.wad is in my cstrike folder so I tried adding it.
It is a thing. lol
 
 
2010 Jun 16 at 16:05 PDT — Ed. 2010 Jun 16 at 16:08 PDT
Killer-Duck
Homicidal Anatidae

2008 Mar 5 • 1169
633 ₧
How are you compiling the map, from VHE or by using a .bat-file?
QUACK! QUACK!
 
 
2010 Jun 17 at 00:27 PDT
Sushi

2009 Nov 12 • 364
By using .bat file. zhlt?

Here's what it says on it.

hlcsg v3.4 Final (Feb 25 2006)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to (amckern@yahoo.com)
----- BEGIN hlcsg -----
Command line: hlcsg -nowadtextures jb_1
Entering jb_1.map

Current hlcsg Settings
Name | Setting | Default
---------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 2 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
max lighting memory [ 6291456 ] [ 6291456 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]

noclip [ off ] [ off ]
null texture stripping[ on ] [ on ]
clipnode economy mode [ on ] [ on ]
clip hull type [ legacy ] [ legacy ]
onlyents [ off ] [ off ]
wadtextures [ off ] [ on ]
skyclip [ on ] [ on ]
hullfile [ None ] [ None ]
nullfile [ None ] [ None ]
min surface area [ 0.500 ] [ 0.500 ]
brush union threshold [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]

Using mapfile wad configuration
Wadinclude list :
[zhlt.wad]

21 brushes (totalling 124 sides) discarded from clipping hulls
CreateBrush:
(1.80 seconds)
SetModelCenters:
(0.00 seconds)
CSGBrush:
(2.80 seconds)

Using Wadfile: \program files\steam\steamapps\cyril123456\counter-strike\cstrike\allinwon.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'PARED1'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'WOOD'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'THEROCK'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'ESCAMAS'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'LADRILLOSWALL'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'EARTHS'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'PAPELTA'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (980012 bytes): 'SAZ'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (980012 bytes): 'UNTITLED'
- Contains 122 used textures, 99.19 percent of map (5163 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \program files\steam\steamapps\cyril123456\counter-strike\cstrike\sg.wad
- Contains 1 used texture, 0.81 percent of map (1 textures in wad)
Including Wadfile: \program files\steam\steamapps\cyril123456\counter-strike\cstrike\zhlt.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (7 textures in wad)

added 25 additional animating textures.
Texture usage is at 2.29 mb (of 4.00 mb MAX)
5.25 seconds elapsed

----- END hlcsg -----



hlbsp v3.4 Final (Feb 25 2006)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to (amckern@yahoo.com)
----- BEGIN hlbsp -----
Command line: hlbsp jb_1

Current hlbsp Settings
Name | Setting | Default
-------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 2 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]

noclip [ off ] [ off ]
nofill [ off ] [ off ]
noopt [ off ] [ off ]
null tex. stripping [ on ] [ on ]
notjunc [ off ] [ off ]
subdivide size [ 240 ] [ 240 ] (Min 64) (Max 512)
max node size [ 1024 ] [ 1024 ] (Min 64) (Max 8192)


SolidBSP [hull 0] 500...1000...1500...2000...2500...3000...3500...4000...4500...5000...5443 (0.63 seconds)
BSP generation successful, writing portal file 'jb_1.prt'
SolidBSP [hull 1] 500...1000...1500...2000...2500...3000...3500...4000...4267 (0.41 seconds)
SolidBSP [hull 2] 500...1000...1500...2000...2500...3000...3500...4000...4093 (0.38 seconds)
SolidBSP [hull 3] 500...1000...1500...2000...2500...3000...3500...4000...4500...4938 (0.50 seconds)
8.50 seconds elapsed

----- END hlbsp -----



hlvis v3.4 Final (Feb 25 2006)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to (amckern@yahoo.com)
----- BEGIN hlvis -----
Command line: hlvis jb_1
2779 portalleafs
8309 numportals

-= Current hlvis Settings =-
Name | Setting | Default
-------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 2 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
max vis distance [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]

fast vis [ off ] [ off ]
full vis [ off ] [ off ]


BasePortalVis:
(15.39 seconds)
LeafThread:
(557.03 seconds)
average leafs visible: 244
g_visdatasize:219009 compressed from 967092
572.72 seconds elapsed [9m 32s]

----- END hlvis -----



hlrad v3.4 Final (Feb 25 2006)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to (amckern@yahoo.com)
----- BEGIN hlrad -----
Command line: hlrad -chop 95 jb_1

-= Current hlrad Settings =-
Name | Setting | Default
--------------------|---------------------|-------------------------
threads [ 2 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
max lighting memory [ 6291456 ] [ 6291456 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]

vismatrix algorithm [ Original ] [ Original ]
oversampling (-extra)[ off ] [ off ]
bounces [ 1 ] [ 1 ]
bounce dynamic light [ on ] [ on ]
ambient light [ 0.000 0.000 0.000 ] [ 0.000 0.000 0.000 ]
maximum light [ 255.000 ] [ 256.000 ]
circus mode [ off ] [ off ]

smoothing threshold [ 50.000 ] [ 50.000 ]
direct threshold [ 25.000 ] [ 25.000 ]
direct light scale [ 2.000 ] [ 2.000 ]
coring threshold [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
patch interpolation [ on ] [ on ]

texscale [ on ] [ on ]
patch subdividing [ on ] [ on ]
chop value [ 95.000 ] [ 64.000 ]
texchop value [ 32.000 ] [ 32.000 ]

global fade [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
global falloff [ 2 ] [ 2 ]
global light scale [ 1.000 1.000 1.000 ] [ 1.000 1.000 1.000 ]
global gamma [ 0.500 0.500 0.500 ] [ 0.500 0.500 0.500 ]
global light scale [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]
global sky diffusion [ 1.000 ] [ 1.000 ]

opaque entities [ on ] [ on ]
sky lighting fix [ on ] [ on ]
incremental [ off ] [ off ]
dump [ off ] [ off ]

colour jitter [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ] [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ]
monochromatic jitter [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ] [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 ]
softlight hack [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 ] [ 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 ]
diffuse hack [ on ] [ on ]
spotlight points [ on ] [ on ]

custom shadows with bounce light
[ off ] [ off ]
rgb transfers [ off ] [ off ]


[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[59 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

12531 faces
Create Patches : 63087 base patches
0 opaque faces
563372 square feet [81125624.00 square inches]
3231 direct lights

BuildFacelights:
(345.25 seconds)
visibility matrix : 237.2 megs
BuildVisLeafs:
(532.34 seconds)
MakeScales:
(266.61 seconds)
SwapTransfers:
(65.78 seconds)
Transfer Lists : 81539016 : 81.54M transfers
Indices : 36774992 : 35.07M bytes
Data : 326156064 : 311.05M bytes
GatherLight:
(15.33 seconds)
FinalLightFace:
(7.47 seconds)
1243.86 seconds elapsed [20m 43s]

----- END hlrad -----



 
 
2010 Jun 17 at 06:59 PDT — Ed. 2010 Jun 17 at 07:00 PDT
the_cloud_system
polly pushy pants

2008 Aug 1 • 3070
-6 ₧
Sushi said:
\allinwon.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'PARED1'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'WOOD'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'THEROCK'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'ESCAMAS'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'LADRILLOSWALL'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'EARTHS'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'PAPELTA'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (980012 bytes): 'SAZ'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (980012 bytes): 'UNTITLED'



this has nothing to do with aneything, that i can remember
I drink to forget but I always remember.
 
 
2010 Jun 17 at 07:38 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
I fear for humanity.
 
 
2010 Jun 17 at 07:45 PDT
Sushi

2009 Nov 12 • 364
the_cloud_system said:
Sushi said:
\allinwon.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'PARED1'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'WOOD'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'THEROCK'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'ESCAMAS'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'LADRILLOSWALL'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'EARTHS'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'PAPELTA'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (980012 bytes): 'SAZ'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (980012 bytes): 'UNTITLED'



this has nothing to do with aneything, that i can remember


I knew that. But do you guys see any other error? That causes the problem?
 
 
2010 Jun 17 at 13:30 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
Sushi said:
the_cloud_system said:
Sushi said:
\allinwon.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'PARED1'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'WOOD'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'THEROCK'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'ESCAMAS'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'LADRILLOSWALL'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'EARTHS'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (348972 bytes): 'PAPELTA'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (980012 bytes): 'SAZ'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (980012 bytes): 'UNTITLED'



this has nothing to do with aneything, that i can remember


I knew that. But do you guys see any other error? That causes the problem?

Fix the one thats there
 
 
2010 Jun 17 at 16:52 PDT
sprinkles

Chrome Whore
2009 Sep 6 • 2547
10 ₧
Your textures are too big, make them smaller. Or jus' um....stop?
 
 
2010 Jun 17 at 17:09 PDT
Sushi

2009 Nov 12 • 364
But I never used those textures.
 
 
2010 Jun 17 at 17:32 PDT
Page [1] 2