Portal File? What Portal File?

Portal File? What Portal File?

Hammer Mapping — Page [1]
scorch-1995

2008 Dec 7 • 46
Hey! I have a problem! When I make my map and put it into the zhlt folder, etc. I open the .bat file and there is an error.:

hlvis: Error: Portal file 'fy_poolparty_xtreme.prt' does not exist, cannot vis the map

What does this mean? Can you help me?
You say "pls", because it is shorter then "please", I say "no" because it is shorter than "yes".
 
 
2008 Dec 10 at 07:00 PST — Ed. 2008 Dec 10 at 07:00 PST
eDan Co.
Mighty Typist

Real Live Hands-On Rabbi Medal
Consolation Medal
2007 Sep 24 • 2921
252 ₧
The PRT-file is missing. This means that BLAH BLAH BLAH post your whole compile-log.
May contain traces of invisible text.
 
 
2008 Dec 10 at 07:16 PST
Mate de Vita
Kelli

2008 Oct 4 • 2453
159 ₧
eDan Co. said:
The PRT-file is missing. This means that BLAH BLAH BLAH post your whole compile-log.

so eDan, at what number are we now?
...and that's the bottom line because Mate de Vita said so.
 
 
2008 Dec 10 at 08:57 PST — Ed. 2008 Dec 10 at 08:57 PST
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
 
 
2008 Dec 10 at 09:00 PST
scorch-1995

2008 Dec 7 • 46
eDan Co. said:
The PRT-file is missing. This means that BLAH BLAH BLAH post your whole compile-log.


Well... If you mean this, here it is:

hlcsg v2.5.3 rel Custom Build 1.7 (Dec 9 2002)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to (merlinis@bigpond.net.au)
----- BEGIN hlcsg -----
Command line: hlcsg -nowadtextures fy_poolparty_xtreme
Entering fy_poolparty_xtreme.map

Current hlcsg Settings
Name | Setting | Default
---------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 1 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]

noclip [ off ] [ off ]
null texture stripping[ on ] [ on ]
clipnode economy mode [ on ] [ on ]
onlyents [ off ] [ off ]
wadtextures [ off ] [ on ]
skyclip [ on ] [ on ]
hullfile [ None ] [ None ]
min surface area [ 0.500 ] [ 0.500 ]
brush union threshold [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]

Using mapfile wad configuration
Wadinclude list :
[zhlt.wad]

0 brushes (totalling 0 sides) discarded from clipping hulls
CreateBrush:
(0.03 seconds)
SetModelCenters:
(0.00 seconds)
CSGBrush:
(0.03 seconds)

Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\counter-strike 1.6\cstrike\cstrike.wad
- Contains 2 used textures, 28.57 percent of map (123 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\cstrike.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (123 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\tfc.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (279 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\+d4yltissue.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (354412 bytes): '+D4YLTISSUE2'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (354412 bytes): '+D4YLTISSUE1'
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (2 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\camouflage.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (1 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\liquids.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (32 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\xeno.wad
- Contains 1 used texture, 14.29 percent of map (264 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\colors_wad\colors.wad
- Contains 2 used textures, 28.57 percent of map (12 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\altstadttex.wad
- Contains 1 used texture, 14.29 percent of map (180 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\cs_assaultxpwad.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (323812 bytes): 'XPTEXT'
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (93 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\3dmsnowy\3dmsnowy.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (218412 bytes): '3DMTRAILL'
- Contains 1 used texture, 14.29 percent of map (95 textures in wad)

Warning: More than 8 wadfiles are in use. (11)
This may be harmless, and if no strange side effects are occurring, then
it can safely be ignored. However, if your map starts exhibiting strange
or obscure errors, consider this as suspect.


Texture usage is at 0.23 mb (of 4.00 mb MAX)
0.13 seconds elapsed

----- END hlcsg -----



hlbsp v2.5.3 rel Custom Build 1.7 (Dec 9 2002)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to (merlinis@bigpond.net.au)
----- BEGIN hlbsp -----
Command line: hlbsp fy_poolparty_xtreme

Current hlbsp Settings
Name | Setting | Default
-------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 1 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]

noclip [ off ] [ off ]
nofill [ off ] [ off ]
null tex. stripping [ on ] [ on ]
notjunc [ off ] [ off ]
subdivide size [ 240 ] [ 240 ] (Min 64) (Max 512)
max node size [ 1024 ] [ 1024 ] (Min 64) (Max 4096)


Warning: No entities exist in hull 0, no filling performed for this hull
Warning: No entities exist in hull 1, no filling performed for this hull
Warning: No entities exist in hull 2, no filling performed for this hull
Warning: No entities exist in hull 3, no filling performed for this hull
0.22 seconds elapsed

----- END hlbsp -----



hlvis v2.5.3 rel Custom Build 1.7 (Dec 9 2002)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to (merlinis@bigpond.net.au)
----- BEGIN hlvis -----
Command line: hlvis fy_poolparty_xtreme
Error: Portal file 'fy_poolparty_xtreme.prt' does not exist, cannot vis the map


----- END hlvis -----



hlrad v2.5.3 rel Custom Build 1.7 (Dec 9 2002)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to (merlinis@bigpond.net.au)
----- BEGIN hlrad -----
Command line: hlrad fy_poolparty_xtreme
>> There was a problem compiling the map.
>> Check the file fy_poolparty_xtreme.log for the cause.

----- END hlrad -----



You say "pls", because it is shorter then "please", I say "no" because it is shorter than "yes".
 
 
2008 Dec 10 at 09:10 PST
eDan Co.
Mighty Typist

Real Live Hands-On Rabbi Medal
Consolation Medal
2007 Sep 24 • 2921
252 ₧
scorch-1995 said:
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\counter-strike 1.6\cstrike\cstrike.wad
- Contains 2 used textures, 28.57 percent of map (123 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\cstrike.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (123 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\tfc.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (279 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\+d4yltissue.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (354412 bytes): '+D4YLTISSUE2'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (354412 bytes): '+D4YLTISSUE1'
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (2 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\camouflage.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (1 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\liquids.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (32 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\xeno.wad
- Contains 1 used texture, 14.29 percent of map (264 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\colors_wad\colors.wad
- Contains 2 used textures, 28.57 percent of map (12 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\altstadttex.wad
- Contains 1 used texture, 14.29 percent of map (180 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\cs_assaultxpwad.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (323812 bytes): 'XPTEXT'
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (93 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\3dmsnowy\3dmsnowy.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (218412 bytes): '3DMTRAILL'
- Contains 1 used texture, 14.29 percent of map (95 textures in wad)

Warning: More than 8 wadfiles are in use. (11)
This may be harmless, and if no strange side effects are occurring, then
it can safely be ignored. However, if your map starts exhibiting strange
or obscure errors, consider this as suspect.


There's one issue... kinda self-explanatory. If you need all the textures loaded, you can merge a few WAD-files into one, so you have lees WADs with the same amount of textures.

scorch-1995 said:
Warning: No entities exist in hull 0, no filling performed for this hull
Warning: No entities exist in hull 1, no filling performed for this hull
Warning: No entities exist in hull 2, no filling performed for this hull
Warning: No entities exist in hull 3, no filling performed for this hull


That's the second issue. Make sure your map has all the "basic entities" (lights and player spawn for both teams). Also make sure these entities are not inside or too close to a wall or anything, really...
May contain traces of invisible text.
 
 
2008 Dec 10 at 09:42 PST
scorch-1995

2008 Dec 7 • 46
eDan Co. said:
scorch-1995 said:
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\counter-strike 1.6\cstrike\cstrike.wad
- Contains 2 used textures, 28.57 percent of map (123 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\cstrike.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (123 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\tfc.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (279 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\+d4yltissue.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (354412 bytes): '+D4YLTISSUE2'
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (354412 bytes): '+D4YLTISSUE1'
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (2 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\camouflage.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (1 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\liquids.wad
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (32 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\xeno.wad
- Contains 1 used texture, 14.29 percent of map (264 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\colors_wad\colors.wad
- Contains 2 used textures, 28.57 percent of map (12 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\altstadttex.wad
- Contains 1 used texture, 14.29 percent of map (180 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\cs_assaultxpwad.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (323812 bytes): 'XPTEXT'
- Contains 0 used textures, 0.00 percent of map (93 textures in wad)
Using Wadfile: \documents and settings\thomas brablec\desktop\3dmsnowy\3dmsnowy.wad
- Warning: Larger than expected texture (218412 bytes): '3DMTRAILL'
- Contains 1 used texture, 14.29 percent of map (95 textures in wad)

Warning: More than 8 wadfiles are in use. (11)
This may be harmless, and if no strange side effects are occurring, then
it can safely be ignored. However, if your map starts exhibiting strange
or obscure errors, consider this as suspect.


There's one issue... kinda self-explanatory. If you need all the textures loaded, you can merge a few WAD-files into one, so you have lees WADs with the same amount of textures.

scorch-1995 said:
Warning: No entities exist in hull 0, no filling performed for this hull
Warning: No entities exist in hull 1, no filling performed for this hull
Warning: No entities exist in hull 2, no filling performed for this hull
Warning: No entities exist in hull 3, no filling performed for this hull


That's the second issue. Make sure your map has all the "basic entities" (lights and player spawn for both teams). Also make sure these entities are not inside or too close to a wall or anything, really...


And... Can you please tell me how I can make more .wad files into one? And anyways... Thank you! I'll try doing as you say .
You say "pls", because it is shorter then "please", I say "no" because it is shorter than "yes".
 
 
2008 Dec 10 at 10:14 PST
eDan Co.
Mighty Typist

Real Live Hands-On Rabbi Medal
Consolation Medal
2007 Sep 24 • 2921
252 ₧
Merging WAD files
1. Download and install Wally.

2. Open Wally.

3. Go to Wizard-> WAD Merge.

4. Load your WAD files with the ADD WAD button.

5. Click Go!

If you do merge WAD-files, you'll have to load the new WAD in Hammer and re-texture everything. Make sure you really have to merge, because it's a really pain in the vein.
May contain traces of invisible text.
 
 
2008 Dec 10 at 11:53 PST
scorch-1995

2008 Dec 7 • 46
eDan Co. said:
Merging WAD files
1. Download and install Wally.

2. Open Wally.

3. Go to Wizard-> WAD Merge.

4. Load your WAD files with the ADD WAD button.

5. Click Go!

If you do merge WAD-files, you'll have to load the new WAD in Hammer and re-texture everything. Make sure you really have to merge, because it's a really pain in the vein.


Thank you very much!
You say "pls", because it is shorter then "please", I say "no" because it is shorter than "yes".
 
 
2008 Dec 10 at 12:02 PST
Mate de Vita
Kelli

2008 Oct 4 • 2453
159 ₧
Down Rodeo said:
Integer overflow, I think.

lolz
the number was too big even for DR
...and that's the bottom line because Mate de Vita said so.
 
 
2008 Dec 10 at 12:47 PST
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
And I'm on 64-bit!

Not actually. Plain old 32 here. Which means that it could have happened a bit over four billion times.
 
 
2008 Dec 10 at 14:07 PST
eDan Co.
Mighty Typist

Real Live Hands-On Rabbi Medal
Consolation Medal
2007 Sep 24 • 2921
252 ₧
Mate de Vita said:
eDan Co. said:
The PRT-file is missing. This means that BLAH BLAH BLAH post your whole compile-log.

so eDan, at what number are we now?

Down Rodeo said:
Integer overflow, I think.


Hey! How com I didn't see these posts yesterday? Guess I was too busy...

Anyway, LOL!
May contain traces of invisible text.
 
 
2008 Dec 11 at 05:03 PST
scorch-1995

2008 Dec 7 • 46
Now my map has another problem. :

hlcsg v2.5.3 rel Custom Build 1.7 (Dec 9 2002)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to (merlinis@bigpond.net.au)
----- BEGIN hlcsg -----
Command line: hlcsg -nowadtextures glass_noob_small
Entering glass_noob_small.map

Current hlcsg Settings
Name | Setting | Default
---------------------|-----------|-------------------------
threads [ 1 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ off ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]

noclip [ off ] [ off ]
null texture stripping[ on ] [ on ]
clipnode economy mode [ on ] [ on ]
onlyents [ off ] [ off ]
wadtextures [ off ] [ on ]
skyclip [ on ] [ on ]
hullfile [ None ] [ None ]
min surface area [ 0.500 ] [ 0.500 ]
brush union threshold [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]

Using mapfile wad configuration
Wadinclude list :
[zhlt.wad]

0 brushes (totalling 0 sides) discarded from clipping hulls
CreateBrush:
Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 0: plane with no normal
Error: plane with no normal
Description: The map has a problem which must be fixed
Howto Fix: Check the file ZHLTProblems.html for a detailed explanation of this problem

Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 1: plane with no normal
Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 1: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1184, 128), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD
Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 3: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1131, 128), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD
Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 4: plane with no normal
Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 4: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1131, 640), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD
Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 4: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1131, 640), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD
Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 5: plane with no normal
Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 5: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1184, 128), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD
Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 5: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1184, 128), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD
Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 5: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1184, 128), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD
(0.08 seconds)

----- END hlcsg -----



hlbsp v2.5.3 rel Custom Build 1.7 (Dec 9 2002)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to (merlinis@bigpond.net.au)
----- BEGIN hlbsp -----
Command line: hlbsp glass_noob_small
>> There was a problem compiling the map.
>> Check the file glass_noob_small.log for the cause.

----- END hlbsp -----



hlvis v2.5.3 rel Custom Build 1.7 (Dec 9 2002)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to (merlinis@bigpond.net.au)
----- BEGIN hlvis -----
Command line: hlvis glass_noob_small
>> There was a problem compiling the map.
>> Check the file glass_noob_small.log for the cause.

----- END hlvis -----



hlrad v2.5.3 rel Custom Build 1.7 (Dec 9 2002)
Zoner's Half-Life Compilation Tools -- Custom Build
Based on code modifications by Sean 'Zoner' Cavanaugh
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to (merlinis@bigpond.net.au)
----- BEGIN hlrad -----
Command line: hlrad glass_noob_small
>> There was a problem compiling the map.
>> Check the file glass_noob_small.log for the cause.

----- END hlrad -----

and

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 0: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: plane with no normal
Description: The map has a problem which must be fixed
Howto Fix: Check the file ZHLTProblems.html for a detailed explanation of this problem


hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 1: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 1: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1184, 128), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 3: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1131, 128), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 4: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 4: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1131, 640), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 4: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1131, 640), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 5: plane with no normal

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 5: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1184, 128), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 5: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1184, 128), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD

hlcsg: Error: Entity 4, Brush 0, Side 5: has a coplanar plane at (-1109, -1184, 128), texture {CSTRIKE_LE6LAD

Please anyone who can, help!
You say "pls", because it is shorter then "please", I say "no" because it is shorter than "yes".
 
 
2008 Dec 11 at 06:01 PST
eDan Co.
Mighty Typist

Real Live Hands-On Rabbi Medal
Consolation Medal
2007 Sep 24 • 2921
252 ₧
Aha! Probably the most annoying error you can get. It's probably the result of bad vertex manipulation or some kind of brush-ruining action.

I suggest you open your map in Hammer and go to Map-> Check for problems.
If Hammer cannot fix it, you'll have to delete the bad brushes manually.
May contain traces of invisible text.
 
 
2008 Dec 11 at 06:40 PST
Mate de Vita
Kelli

2008 Oct 4 • 2453
159 ₧
this is why you should always ALWAYS check ALT+P for problems after using vertex manipulation/carve tool especially when dealing with complex shapes.
...and that's the bottom line because Mate de Vita said so.
 
 
2008 Dec 11 at 07:55 PST
scorch-1995

2008 Dec 7 • 46
eDan Co. said:
Aha! Probably the most annoying error you can get. It's probably the result of bad vertex manipulation or some kind of brush-ruining action.

I suggest you open your map in Hammer and go to Map-> Check for problems.
If Hammer cannot fix it, you'll have to delete the bad brushes manually.


Ok. Thank you! I'll try it .
You say "pls", because it is shorter then "please", I say "no" because it is shorter than "yes".
 
 
2008 Dec 11 at 09:51 PST
Page [1]