See through floors and quick drown water

See through floors and quick drown water

Hammer Mapping — Page [1]
HoV Black
2010 Jul 3 • 74
i need to know how to make some stuff on valve hammer editor for coutnerstrike 1.6

first how do i make this:

a floor where if your below it and look up you just see a ceiling but if your on top of it and look down you can see through it and see whats going on under you

secondly:

i need to know how to make water where when u jump in you start drowning right away and you drown in like 2 seconds
 
 
2010 Jul 3 at 19:32 PDT
SRAW
Rocket Man

2007 Nov 6 • 2525
601 ₧
The first one, you make the ceiling a func_wall, and on the top of the ceiling(where it's transparent) you make the texture a null texture, and below it you make it a normal texture

The second one, I think you can use a trigger_multiple in the water to trigger a multimanager, which triggers a trigger hurt in the water 2 seconds later...

Free Steam Games
 
 
2010 Jul 3 at 19:37 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
I don't think he meant that it STARTS drowning you 2 seconds later, just that from the time it starts to drown you to the time you drown = 2seconds.
In which case, you'd have to mess around with how much the trigger_hurt hurts you
 
 
2010 Jul 3 at 20:01 PDT
HoV Black
2010 Jul 3 • 74
ok ty i did the see through shit its awesome now ill try the water idk how to do trigger_hurt though or w/e its called
 
 
2010 Jul 3 at 20:09 PDT
SRAW
Rocket Man

2007 Nov 6 • 2525
601 ₧
To use the trigger_hurt, you have to back a aaatrigger brush in the area you want... hurt.
Then you press ctrl+t(or whatever the key to make an entity) and choose trigger_hurt...
Free Steam Games
 
 
2010 Jul 3 at 20:20 PDT
HoV Black
2010 Jul 3 • 74
i did exactly what i wanted so thanks
 
 
2010 Jul 3 at 22:43 PDT
Kotohunter
2008 Jan 19 • 9
SRAW said:
The first one, you make the ceiling a func_wall, and on the top of the ceiling(where it's transparent) you make the texture a null texture, and below it you make it a normal texture

How would you make the top null and the bottom normal?
 
 
2010 Jul 7 at 15:04 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
Kotohunter said:
SRAW said:
The first one, you make the ceiling a func_wall, and on the top of the ceiling(where it's transparent) you make the texture a null texture, and below it you make it a normal texture

How would you make the top null and the bottom normal?

Use a null texture on top and a regular texture on bottom?
 
 
2010 Jul 7 at 15:27 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
Rockbomb said:
Kotohunter said:
How would you make the top null and the bottom normal?

Use a null texture on top and a regular texture on bottom?

It's almost like SRAW said you should use a null on top and normal on the bottom.
 
 
2010 Jul 7 at 16:56 PDT
SRAW
Rocket Man

2007 Nov 6 • 2525
601 ₧
Kotohunter said:
SRAW said:
The first one, you make the ceiling a func_wall, and on the top of the ceiling(where it's transparent) you make the texture a null texture, and below it you make it a normal texture

How would you make the top null and the bottom normal?


You use the texture application tool
Free Steam Games
 
 
2010 Jul 7 at 18:37 PDT
Page [1]