Some stupid questions

Some stupid questions

Hammer Mapping — Page [1]
zzz1123

2008 Jun 8 • 137
How do you make a thing breakable after a certain amount of hits? eg a box that needs to be hit 100 times by bullets before it breaks
How do you make an object move after a specified amount of time? eg a platform that will start moving after 5 seconds
How do you disable one side? eg disable the terrorist side, only counter-terrorists are allowed
You didn't see me. You're hallucinating.
 
 
2009 Mar 27 at 05:11 PDT
Mate de Vita
Kelli

2008 Oct 4 • 2453
159 ₧
zzz1123 said:
How do you make a thing breakable after a certain amount of hits? eg a box that needs to be hit 100 times by bullets before it breaks

You can't. You can however input a non-zero amount in the Strength property of the func_breakable and then you will need to "kill" it to break it (a Strength of 100 means that the object will break when it receives 100 or more points of damage).
zzz1123 said:
How do you make an object move after a specified amount of time? eg a platform that will start moving after 5 seconds

5 seconds after what? The beginning of the round or after being triggered? If you want it to start moving 5 seconds after it's been triggered, write 5 in the 'delay before trigger' property of whatever trigger entity you're using (func_button, trigger_multiple etc.).
zzz1123 said:
How do you disable one side? eg disable the terrorist side, only counter-terrorists are allowed

Well, I don't think you can disable CTs, you can however disable Terrorists by just not making any info_player_deathmatch entities. Though I don't see why you'd want to do that...
...and that's the bottom line because Mate de Vita said so.
 
 
2009 Mar 27 at 07:22 PDT
zzz1123

2008 Jun 8 • 137
OMG i cant believe this after a few months being inactive Mate de Vita has becomed a professional at hammer mapping
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
thanx anyway
You didn't see me. You're hallucinating.
 
 
2009 Mar 31 at 05:30 PDT
Mate de Vita
Kelli

2008 Oct 4 • 2453
159 ₧
zzz1123 said:
OMG i cant believe this after a few months being inactive Mate de Vita has becomed a professional at hammer mapping

Nope. I just watch, learn and experiment.
...and that's the bottom line because Mate de Vita said so.
 
 
2009 Mar 31 at 06:01 PDT
SRAW
Rocket Man

2007 Nov 6 • 2525
601 ₧
100 times by bullet thingy... y dont u just make a 100 func_breakables
Free Steam Games
 
 
2009 Mar 31 at 22:30 PDT
zzz1123

2008 Jun 8 • 137
Another question: How do you make an item, such as a wall or a box, kill you when you touch it? eg: a box that when touched will kill you with trigger_hurt or whatever
You didn't see me. You're hallucinating.
 
 
2009 Apr 2 at 04:10 PDT
Mate de Vita
Kelli

2008 Oct 4 • 2453
159 ₧
You can make it a trigger_hurt with a large amount of damage (e.g. 100). Or if you want it to move, entities like func_train, func_door etc. have a property Damage when blocked; set that to 100.
...and that's the bottom line because Mate de Vita said so.
 
 
2009 Apr 2 at 06:23 PDT
Page [1]