Wont let me set up

Wont let me set up

Hammer Mapping — Page [1] 2
obiiob
2010 Jul 12 • 5
okay so i downloaded the hammer and the other one and when i went to set up the HVE or w/e to "C:\Program Files(x86)\Valve Hammer Editor" it said "Illegal character detected in the following installation path. You may not use the following characters as part of your install directory ( ? ? : * " < > | ; )
and it brings me back to the agreement page >.<
Im only going to ruin ruin ruin ruin ruin your life...
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 04:26 PDT — Ed. 2010 Jul 12 at 04:31 PDT
sprinkles

Chrome Whore
2009 Sep 6 • 2547
10 ₧
You're a fucking idiot if you can't solve this yourself.
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 07:36 PDT
Mate de Vita
Kelli

2008 Oct 4 • 2453
159 ₧
obiiob said:
okay so i downloaded the hammer and the other one and when i went to set up the HVE or w/e to "C:\Program Files(x86)\Valve Hammer Editor" it said "Illegal character detected in the following installation path. You may not use the following characters as part of your install directory ( ? ? : * " < > | ; )
and it brings me back to the agreement page >.<

...
...and that's the bottom line because Mate de Vita said so.
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 08:57 PDT — Ed. 2010 Jul 12 at 08:57 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
Well, I'd almost have to agree with Sprinkles, except I had the same problem when I installed it (had just gotten windows7 and wasn't used to it.)
So I'll help this guy out...


Install it in the 32bit program files rather than the 64bit, and it'll work.
Also, someone should rewrite that installer to let it include parenthesis, as its annoying not being able to install it in the directory I want
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 10:00 PDT
the_cloud_system
polly pushy pants

2008 Aug 1 • 3070
-6 ₧
I drink to forget but I always remember.
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 10:23 PDT
sprinkles

Chrome Whore
2009 Sep 6 • 2547
10 ₧
Rockbomb said:
Well, I'd almost have to agree with Sprinkles, except I had the same problem when I installed it (had just gotten windows7 and wasn't used to it.)
So I'll help this guy out...


Install it in the 32bit program files rather than the 64bit, and it'll work.
Also, someone should rewrite that installer to let it include parenthesis, as its annoying not being able to install it in the directory I want



As I recall I helped you with that problem. Retard.
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 11:03 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
sprinkles said:
Rockbomb said:
Well, I'd almost have to agree with Sprinkles, except I had the same problem when I installed it (had just gotten windows7 and wasn't used to it.)
So I'll help this guy out...


Install it in the 32bit program files rather than the 64bit, and it'll work.
Also, someone should rewrite that installer to let it include parenthesis, as its annoying not being able to install it in the directory I want



As I recall I helped you with that problem. Retard.

Did I say you didn't? Retard.
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 11:25 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
Rockbomb said:
Install it in the 32bit program files rather than the 64bit, and it'll work.

Actually, Program Files (x86) is the 32-bit folder, that's why it's trying to put the 32-bit hammer program in there. The folder C:\Program Files\ is for 63-bit, but this is all a minor point :)
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 11:37 PDT — Ed. 2010 Jul 12 at 11:37 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
Down Rodeo said:
Rockbomb said:
Install it in the 32bit program files rather than the 64bit, and it'll work.

Actually, Program Files (x86) is the 32-bit folder, that's why it's trying to put the 32-bit hammer program in there. The folder C:\Program Files\ is for 63-bit, but this is all a minor point :)

My bad, I switched 'em around....
Listen to DR, he knows whats up
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 11:38 PDT
sprinkles

Chrome Whore
2009 Sep 6 • 2547
10 ₧
Down Rodeo said:
Rockbomb said:
Install it in the 32bit program files rather than the 64bit, and it'll work.

Actually, Program Files (x86) is the 32-bit folder, that's why it's trying to put the 32-bit hammer program in there. The folder C:\Program Files\ is for 64-bit, but this is all a minor point :)

 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 11:47 PDT
obiiob
2010 Jul 12 • 5
OH thanks guys sorry its just that i got this new computer and its wiindows 7 and im used to my old windows xp
Im only going to ruin ruin ruin ruin ruin your life...
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 13:37 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
obiiob said:
OH thanks guys sorry its just that i got this new computer and its wiindows 7 and im used to my old windows xp

 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 14:24 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
If I were on a rant, I would say this is why open-source is better, because you could recompile most things for x64. Of course I'd run into problems when posting using my open-source 32-bit browser. Ah well.
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 14:40 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
This thread is now about how awesome Linux is.
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 14:53 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
Its really awesome.
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 14:53 PDT
the_cloud_system
polly pushy pants

2008 Aug 1 • 3070
-6 ₧
id like to take this time to point out that
ALL. COMPUTERS. SUCK. EQUALITY
I drink to forget but I always remember.
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 15:51 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
the_cloud_system said:
id like to take this time to point out that
ALL. COMPUTERS. SUCK. EQUALITY

I'm going to go ahead and assume that you mean exactly what you have written, as it is a far better sentence than it might have turned out to be. Also, computers =/= operating systems.

<3
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 17:07 PDT
SuperJer
Websiteman

2005 Mar 20 • 6226
Just put it in C:\Hammer\ or something. No need to lie to Windows that it is 64 bit.

(Why does Windows want to put 32- and 64-bit programs in different Program Fileses anyways?)
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 17:08 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
God knows. They started it with Vista - well, maybe they do it on XP x64, I dunno. Perhaps it is to ensure that old programs - i.e. 32-bit ones - break even more on 64-bit when you have to force () into the installer as has happened here :)

I have so very few 64-bit programs. It hardly seems worth it.
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 17:14 PDT
obiiob
2010 Jul 12 • 5
Hey guys i ran into another problem when it tells me
"7) Now click the Add button on the big Configure window
8) Add the file called "halflife-cs.fgd""
i went to my program files and searched everywhere but i just cant seem to find the valve hammer file :/
Im only going to ruin ruin ruin ruin ruin your life...
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 21:39 PDT
SRAW
Rocket Man

2007 Nov 6 • 2525
601 ₧
obiiob said:
Hey guys i ran into another problem when it tells me
"7) Now click the Add button on the big Configure window
8) Add the file called "halflife-cs.fgd""
i went to my program files and searched everywhere but i just cant seem to find the valve hammer file :/

sprinkles said:
You're a fucking idiot if you can't solve this yourself.
Free Steam Games
 
 
2010 Jul 12 at 22:16 PDT
SuperJer
Websiteman

2005 Mar 20 • 6226
obiiob said:
Hey guys i ran into another problem when it tells me
"7) Now click the Add button on the big Configure window
8) Add the file called "halflife-cs.fgd""
i went to my program files and searched everywhere but i just cant seem to find the valve hammer file :/

You need to navigate to wherever you ended up installing Hammer. C:\Hammer\ maybe?

It's in there in the fgd folder.
 
 
2010 Jul 13 at 18:49 PDT — Ed. 2010 Jul 13 at 18:49 PDT
sprinkles

Chrome Whore
2009 Sep 6 • 2547
10 ₧
SRAW said:
obiiob said:
Hey guys i ran into another problem when it tells me
"7) Now click the Add button on the big Configure window
8) Add the file called "halflife-cs.fgd""
i went to my program files and searched everywhere but i just cant seem to find the valve hammer file :/

sprinkles said:
You're a fucking idiot if you can't solve this yourself.


How dare you quote me to insult people!
 
 
2010 Jul 13 at 19:03 PDT
obiiob
2010 Jul 12 • 5
nope its in program files but theres no actual "file" its just programs of hammer so when i got to the options when i start it up and look for it, its only looking for files and those arent files. And sprinkles why do you always have to be a bitch? this forum is for people with QUESTIONS not where you can bitch at the people who dont know much about technology you asshole.
Im only going to ruin ruin ruin ruin ruin your life...
 
 
2010 Jul 13 at 23:22 PDT
Page [1] 2