how can I make a 35hp tipe map??

how can I make a 35hp tipe map??

Hammer Mapping — Page 1 [2] 3
Djuice27

2008 Jan 21 • 153
132 ₧
lol no...Just drop people off the sky and make them have 65 HP, either way if they crouch they can still get 1 time stabbed...

Wait wait wait, i have an idea....but we needa wait till SuperJer comes...here it is

if you make a brush that has trigger_hurt and you make it so u go through it, never landing on it will it still hurt you? Cause if it does then u can make a brush like that and under it a Func_teleport and it teles them back to normal spawn...once they get hurt
Duh Dun Dun Duh Dun Dun
 
 
2008 Jan 27 at 09:47 PST — Ed. 2008 Jan 27 at 09:52 PST
eDan Co.
Mighty Typist

Real Live Hands-On Rabbi Medal
Consolation Medal
2007 Sep 24 • 2921
252 ₧
You can. But it hurts you in pulses, not one hit- so if you stay inside that entity for a while, you will have less than 65hp.

What's wrong with what I purposed earlier?
May contain traces of invisible text.
 
 
2008 Jan 27 at 09:58 PST
Djuice27

2008 Jan 21 • 153
132 ₧
Ye so this is what you do,

1.) Make a brush have Trigger_Hurt and make it so you can go through it somehow (idk)

2.) make a Brush and make it trigger_teleport and set its target to 'Terrorist' and put the Trigger_teleport brush into the Trigger_hurt but not COMPLETELY in it just enough so you can get hurt first.

3.) name the brush where u want them to spawn 'Terrorist' and do the same thing for the CT's just by changing the 'Target' and name for the spawns.
Duh Dun Dun Duh Dun Dun
 
 
2008 Jan 27 at 10:04 PST
GRIM

2008 Jan 22 • 52
With the gravity that the admins change --well yeah it could work but I would like that players that do theyre own servers with this map could get directly 35hp not to change gravity because all of them wouldn't do that :|-----and if not that idea than what??:D
 
 
2008 Jan 27 at 10:06 PST
GRIM

2008 Jan 22 • 52
Ouch that sounds really complicated----but I'm compiling the map again right now if it doesn't work now I will try your idea thanks anyway;)
 
 
2008 Jan 27 at 10:09 PST — Ed. 2008 Jan 27 at 10:09 PST
GRIM

2008 Jan 22 • 52
I'm like so pissed Up!!!X(X(X(X( I compiled the map but there said that it couldn't find the path ---but I repaired the problem and I hope it will work ,and now I have to wait again half an hour:((:((
P.S. Am I allowed to swear if not srry I didn't mean to
 
 
2008 Jan 27 at 10:37 PST
GRIM

2008 Jan 22 • 52
It didn't work:((:((--- I will try Djuice27's idea but not today coes I'm exhausted and tomorrow I have skool:( I will try tomorrow maybe if I have time:|

 
 
2008 Jan 27 at 11:00 PST
Djuice27

2008 Jan 21 • 153
132 ₧
But do u know how to make it so u go through the Trigger_hurt Brush?

Cause if u do, tell me cause i needa know
Duh Dun Dun Duh Dun Dun
 
 
2008 Jan 27 at 11:08 PST
SuperJer
Websiteman

2005 Mar 20 • 6349


When you add your own keys to a multi_manager, the key is the name of the target, and the value is the number of seconds to delay before activating the target.
 
 
2008 Jan 27 at 14:53 PST
GRIM

2008 Jan 22 • 52
I can't belive that it didn't work :(( I will try Djuice27's idea (cold it be because I got an tutorial from the net and that tutorialchanged the life points on my maps??--when I say tahat I mean that at 35 hp,35hp_2,1hp and all the maps with low life points I have always 100hp :(---but I tried the mapp on another C.S. where the tutorial isn't instaled -because I have 2 C.S.'s) maibe???
Please help :(( it's so annoying
 
 
2008 Jan 28 at 05:46 PST
SuperJer
Websiteman

2005 Mar 20 • 6349
I have no clue. What 'tutorial' are you talking about?
 
 
2008 Jan 28 at 11:27 PST
GRIM

2008 Jan 22 • 52
Srry I confused, it isn't an tutorial,in fact it is an patch :( that's what it is :D an patch that changes the life points of all my players and it seems that it is installed in both my C.S.'s :D
 
 
2008 Jan 30 at 07:20 PST
GRIM

2008 Jan 22 • 52
Please help it seems that my maps n0 longer have less life points , I installed my cs again and they're still at 100 life points :(( please help:((
 
 
2008 Jan 31 at 10:29 PST — Ed. 2008 Jan 31 at 10:30 PST
SuperJer
Websiteman

2005 Mar 20 • 6349
Hint: Don't use patches.

Hint 2: Experiment with triggers and game_player_hurt and trigger_hurt to get what you want. I'm not sure exactly what you have to do, the game logic is very dodgy.

Hint 3: You can also try spawning players in a separate room, pushing them through a trigger_hurt and then teleporting them into the regular spawn. That's similar to how l337sk337 works but it's a pain in the ass to set up.
 
 
2008 Jan 31 at 10:37 PST
GRIM

2008 Jan 22 • 52
I give UP ---I'll let this map be an 100hp and I'll never try to make 35hp maps again ---instead I will do fy_ maps :| :(( I'm so sad about it -----thanks anyway to those who tried to help and........you're doing a good work keep ON ;)
 
 
2008 Feb 4 at 09:30 PST — Ed. 2008 Feb 4 at 09:34 PST
IIopn

2008 Feb 26 • 227
36 ₧
Here's a better Idea make a Trigger_Hurt and then Underneath it make a func_breakable and set it to the name for The Trigger Hurt
(hope it works)
I Love Army Men Sarge's War
 
 
2008 Apr 8 at 05:14 PDT — Ed. 2008 Apr 10 at 20:02 PDT
begginer

2007 Oct 24 • 990
13 ₧
i don't understand why that would work ( actually i don't understand yous sentence at all )
Wtf is that ? its a bird ! no its a plane ! amm maybe its a plastic bag . NO ! its SUPERJER ! the greatest super hero ever!
 
 
2008 Apr 8 at 11:33 PDT
IIopn

2008 Feb 26 • 227
36 ₧
Here's the Idea The Func_breakable will broke and activated the Trigger_Hurt ( but still i Don't Think it could work)
I Love Army Men Sarge's War
 
 
2008 Apr 10 at 20:01 PDT — Ed. 2008 Apr 10 at 20:01 PDT
begginer

2007 Oct 24 • 990
13 ₧
but why would you ..... ahh never mind

the only way to find out if it works or not is to try it
Wtf is that ? its a bird ! no its a plane ! amm maybe its a plastic bag . NO ! its SUPERJER ! the greatest super hero ever!
 
 
2008 Apr 11 at 05:47 PDT
ryanli189
2009 Dec 23 • 4
Quote:
in the 35 HP maps u spawn in a box or something and u get hurt in it for 35 HP then it takes you down to the floor regularly...so u cant lose health. U probably did the hurt thing wrong

Quote:
1. Make a trigger_hurt OR game_player_hurt with a name like 'fred'. Set it to do 65 damage.
2. Make a multi_manager named 'game_player_spawn'. Have it target 'fred'. And check the multithreaded flag on the multi_manager (IMPORTANT!).


1.) Ok When you make a Trigger_hurt you go into the brushes properties and you click 'Name' and give it the name 'FRED' and then go to damage and set it to '65'

2.) then you click the entity button and find Multi_Manager and go to its properties and name it 'Game_player_spawn' and then click target and write 'fred.' and then at the top there are Tabs, click on the Flags and check Multithreaded.


Thats just a little more detailed then what SuperJer said but i also relized there is no 'Target' function on the Multi_manager...

Well im new here to help u but i think i know how maybe make a black room way on the out side of the map then on the ground of that make trigger_hurt and damage 65 after it touches it it teleports you to the spawn point u want!
C00kie Monster =D i <3 Cookies Lol
 
 
2009 Dec 23 at 18:54 PST
fedex _

2009 Mar 23 • 907
13 ₧
ryanli189 said:
Quote:
in the 35 HP maps u spawn in a box or something and u get hurt in it for 35 HP then it takes you down to the floor regularly...so u cant lose health. U probably did the hurt thing wrong

Quote:
1. Make a trigger_hurt OR game_player_hurt with a name like 'fred'. Set it to do 65 damage.
2. Make a multi_manager named 'game_player_spawn'. Have it target 'fred'. And check the multithreaded flag on the multi_manager (IMPORTANT!).


1.) Ok When you make a Trigger_hurt you go into the brushes properties and you click 'Name' and give it the name 'FRED' and then go to damage and set it to '65'

2.) then you click the entity button and find Multi_Manager and go to its properties and name it 'Game_player_spawn' and then click target and write 'fred.' and then at the top there are Tabs, click on the Flags and check Multithreaded.


Thats just a little more detailed then what SuperJer said but i also relized there is no 'Target' function on the Multi_manager...

Well im new here to help u but i think i know how maybe make a black room way on the out side of the map then on the ground of that make trigger_hurt and damage 65 after it touches it it teleports you to the spawn point u want!




ryan make sure you see how old this topic is , dont bring back old trucks to the top
melloyellow582 said:
I post sometimes, to make a point.
 
 
2009 Dec 23 at 23:35 PST
SRAW
Rocket Man

2007 Nov 6 • 2525
601 ₧
ryan dont listen to fedex, u see he is one of the assholes you will meet on this forum(others are mate de vate,cloud system,sloth, jake etc..)

yeah, dont bump and tell people about your great mapping skills
Free Steam Games
 
 
2009 Dec 24 at 02:19 PST
ryanli189
2009 Dec 23 • 4
fedex _ said:
ryanli189 said:
Quote:
in the 35 HP maps u spawn in a box or something and u get hurt in it for 35 HP then it takes you down to the floor regularly...so u cant lose health. U probably did the hurt thing wrong

Quote:
1. Make a trigger_hurt OR game_player_hurt with a name like 'fred'. Set it to do 65 damage.
2. Make a multi_manager named 'game_player_spawn'. Have it target 'fred'. And check the multithreaded flag on the multi_manager (IMPORTANT!).


1.) Ok When you make a Trigger_hurt you go into the brushes properties and you click 'Name' and give it the name 'FRED' and then go to damage and set it to '65'

2.) then you click the entity button and find Multi_Manager and go to its properties and name it 'Game_player_spawn' and then click target and write 'fred.' and then at the top there are Tabs, click on the Flags and check Multithreaded.


Thats just a little more detailed then what SuperJer said but i also relized there is no 'Target' function on the Multi_manager...

Well im new here to help u but i think i know how maybe make a black room way on the out side of the map then on the ground of that make trigger_hurt and damage 65 after it touches it it teleports you to the spawn point u want!




ryan make sure you see how old this topic is , dont bring back old trucks to the top

Yo this problem isnt solved for other people so i might aswell make this post im not trying to be mean but yeah
C00kie Monster =D i <3 Cookies Lol
 
 
2009 Dec 24 at 05:53 PST
ryanli189
2009 Dec 23 • 4
SRAW said:
ryan dont listen to fedex, u see he is one of the assholes you will meet on this forum(others are mate de vate,cloud system,sloth, jake etc..)

yeah, dont bump and tell people about your great mapping skills

im not really a mapping skilled guy i just make Jail Break maps knife maps and defuse maps/ mission maps thats about it im not really skilled much but thanks
C00kie Monster =D i <3 Cookies Lol
 
 
2009 Dec 24 at 05:54 PST
ryanli189
2009 Dec 23 • 4
SRAW said:
ryan dont listen to fedex, u see he is one of the assholes you will meet on this forum(others are mate de vate,cloud system,sloth, jake etc..)

yeah, don't bump and tell people about your great mapping skills

and sraw if u wanna add me on aim or msn add ryanli189 ~ Aim
and ryanli189@hotmail.com ~ MSN and i got to go to Canada now bye!
C00kie Monster =D i <3 Cookies Lol
 
 
2009 Dec 24 at 05:56 PST
Page 1 [2] 3