The end.

The end.

General — Page [1] 2
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
So, I've got a pretty good feeling that sometime in my lifetime (probably within the next 5 years or so), the U.S. is going to break out into a civil war, which could very well lead to a world war. Either way, I've been slowly trying to prepare for the day this happens, and so far this is what I've got...

•An underground house located in a large field, with a clear view 360° around.
•A generator to power the house, as well as the water pump.
•I've started collecting non-perishable food, but need more. There are also plenty of cows/chickens/pigs nearby as well as fields for growing crops... if I need a longterm food supply.
•I don't have any guns yet, but plan on purchasing some sort of rifle with a decent scope, and some pistols.
•I have about 5 knifes, and plan on purchasing a couple of machetes and an axe or two sometime soon.
•I have a bow, but I plan on buying a better one, as well as a few extra strings and lots of arrows.
•I have several vehicles, in case I need to go somewhere more than a few miles (otherwise I'll just walk)
•If I ever get a decent amount of spare money, I will try and buy a solar panel or two. I also plan on purchasing a bike or some other sort of device that will let me generate electricity using my own energy.
•I have access to a welder, as well as lots of scrap metal incase I need to make anything.

Is there anything I should add to my list?
Also, is anybody else preparing, or at least thought of preparing for something like this?
 
 
2010 Mar 30 at 18:17 PDT
sprinkles

Chrome Whore
2009 Sep 6 • 2547
10 ₧
I had a plan similair to that when I was back in PA. My buddies and I were going to build/buy a bunker. More than likely in the mountains with nice hard rock, rather than a field with soft soil.
 
 
2010 Mar 30 at 18:31 PDT — Ed. 2010 Mar 30 at 18:31 PDT
SuperJer
Websiteman

2005 Mar 20 • 6311
What??

That's not what I'm doing. I'm jumping right in the civil war, and to win it! Then I can establish my "Insurmountable SuperJerocracy for the New Millenium" (only 15 years late).
 
 
2010 Mar 30 at 18:38 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
sprinkles said:
I had a plan similair to that when I was back in PA. My buddies and I were going to build/buy a bunker. More than likely in the mountains with nice hard rock, rather than a field with soft soil.

I know of this cave thats like 10 minutes from your house that I found, and its in the side of a cliff, yet still somewhat easy to get to... that would be a pretty cool spot if you wanted to take the time filling it with supplies. Though I probably wouldn't use that, cuz I like having a view all the way around me so I know whats going on and if anyone is approaching.

superjer said:
What??

That's not what I'm doing. I'm jumping right in the civil war, and to win it! Then I can establish my "Insurmountable SuperJerocracy for the New Millenium" (only 15 years late).

Good luck
 
 
2010 Mar 30 at 18:38 PDT — Ed. 2010 Mar 30 at 18:39 PDT
sprinkles

Chrome Whore
2009 Sep 6 • 2547
10 ₧
Rockbomb said:
sprinkles said:
I had a plan similair to that when I was back in PA. My buddies and I were going to build/buy a bunker. More than likely in the mountains with nice hard rock, rather than a field with soft soil.

I know of this cave thats like 10 minutes from your house that I found, and its in the side of a cliff, yet still somewhat easy to get to... that would be a pretty cool spot if you wanted to take the time filling it with supplies. Though I probably wouldn't use that, cuz I like having a view all the way around me so I know whats going on and if anyone is approaching.


That makes you that much easier of a target.


superjer said:
What??

That's not what I'm doing. I'm jumping right in the civil war, and to win it! Then I can establish my "Insurmountable SuperJerocracy for the New Millenium" (only 15 years late).


I don't believe in this country enough [anymore] to fight for it.
 
 
2010 Mar 30 at 18:49 PDT — Ed. 2010 Mar 30 at 18:51 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
sprinkles said:
Rockbomb said:
sprinkles said:
I had a plan similair to that when I was back in PA. My buddies and I were going to build/buy a bunker. More than likely in the mountains with nice hard rock, rather than a field with soft soil.

I know of this cave thats like 10 minutes from your house that I found, and its in the side of a cliff, yet still somewhat easy to get to... that would be a pretty cool spot if you wanted to take the time filling it with supplies. Though I probably wouldn't use that, cuz I like having a view all the way around me so I know whats going on and if anyone is approaching.


That makes you that much easier of a target.


I suppose. But the way I see it, if you choose more of a hiding spot, your going to have to come out eventually (for food, supplies, etc.), and when you do, you will have no idea whats gonna be out there when you leave. If you've got a 360 view, you have the ability to know whats going on around you at all times. Also note that I won't be the only one there, there will be at least two other people there with me to help keep lookout and whatnot.
 
 
2010 Mar 30 at 18:55 PDT
sprinkles

Chrome Whore
2009 Sep 6 • 2547
10 ₧
Rockbomb said:
sprinkles said:
Rockbomb said:
sprinkles said:
I had a plan similair to that when I was back in PA. My buddies and I were going to build/buy a bunker. More than likely in the mountains with nice hard rock, rather than a field with soft soil.

I know of this cave thats like 10 minutes from your house that I found, and its in the side of a cliff, yet still somewhat easy to get to... that would be a pretty cool spot if you wanted to take the time filling it with supplies. Though I probably wouldn't use that, cuz I like having a view all the way around me so I know whats going on and if anyone is approaching.


That makes you that much easier of a target.


I suppose. But the way I see it, if you choose more of a hiding spot, your going to have to come out eventually (for food, supplies, etc.), and when you do, you will have no idea whats gonna be out there when you leave. If you've got a 360 view, you have the ability to know whats going on around you at all times. Also note that I won't be the only one there, there will be at least two other people there with me to help keep lookout and whatnot.



Oh, so I get the cave by myself, and you and your buds get a bunker in the field.
 
 
2010 Mar 30 at 19:02 PDT
the_cloud_system
polly pushy pants

2008 Aug 1 • 3076
-6 ₧
ugh id rather die than hang around men in a bunker 24/7
I drink to forget but I always remember.
 
 
2010 Mar 30 at 19:10 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
the_cloud_system said:
ugh id rather die than hang around men in a bunker 24/7

I never said the people there were gonna be men

Edit: And sorry sprinkles, but there's only room for so many in that house... will be crowded as it is.
 
 
2010 Mar 30 at 19:12 PDT — Ed. 2010 Mar 30 at 19:19 PDT
SuperJer
Websiteman

2005 Mar 20 • 6311
sprinkles said:
I don't believe in this country enough [anymore] to fight for it.


See now right there's what we call a "giver upper".
 
 
2010 Mar 30 at 21:03 PDT
jrkookid
Half Irish, half NOT FUNNY

2007 May 27 • 1415
110 ₧
You forgot about the:

Bullet Proof Armour
Anti-Tank Missiles(AT4)
Armored Personnel Carrier
Armor Piercing .50 Rounds with .50 Caliber Rifle
Anti-Air Missile Launcher
Apache Helicopter
Blackhawk Helicopter
AC-130H Spectre
HumVee with mounted machine(Minigun FTW)
RPG7s
Mortars
C4s
Claymores
Video Camera for Vlogs
Variety of Ammunition
Self-Destruction Rig w/ fireworks(If you are going to kick the bucket then kick it with style)

+

A toothpick.
 
 
2010 Mar 30 at 21:09 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
jrkookid said:
You forgot about the:

Bullet Proof Armour
Anti-Tank Missiles(AT4)
Armored Personnel Carrier
Armor Piercing .50 Rounds with .50 Caliber Rifle
Anti-Air Missile Launcher
Apache Helicopter
Blackhawk Helicopter
AC-130H Spectre
HumVee with mounted machine(Minigun FTW)
RPG7s
Mortars
C4s
Claymores
Video Camera for Vlogs
Variety of Ammunition
Self-Destruction Rig w/ fireworks(If you are going to kick the bucket then kick it with style)

+

A toothpick.

Hmmm, while most of that is near impossible to get, some of it I am actually going to add to my list...
Bullet proof armor
(already planned on getting a .50cal)
C4
Some sort of awesome suicide device
 
 
2010 Mar 30 at 21:29 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
You guys are either mental, or joking. I seriously hope (mostly for my own sanity) that it is the latter.
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 02:07 PDT
SRAW
Rocket Man

2007 Nov 6 • 2525
601 ₧
the us isnt going into a civil war because the stupid democrats decide they need a powerful central government
Free Steam Games
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 04:14 PDT
sprinkles

Chrome Whore
2009 Sep 6 • 2547
10 ₧
SRAW said:
I'm an idiot, and don't have a clue what's going on.


Rockbomb said:
Some sort of awesome suicide device


You're going to be buying all this guns, and you need a suicide device!?
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 07:14 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
Down Rodeo said:
You guys are either mental, or joking. I seriously hope (mostly for my own sanity) that it is the latter.

I wasn't joking, I really do have all that stuff and plan on getting the rest of it. Its not likes its an obsession or anything though, its mostly just stuff that I've collected over the years. And its not like I went out an built some armored underground bunker, its an actual house that was abandoned a long time ago and I know the people that own the property.
Plus, remember the boy scout motto... be prepared

Edit: Yes Sprinkles, I wanna go out with a bang, a BIG bang
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 07:15 PDT — Ed. 2010 Mar 31 at 07:18 PDT
jrkookid
Half Irish, half NOT FUNNY

2007 May 27 • 1415
110 ₧
Call the suicide device a RockBomb Lol.
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 08:17 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
You're still weird and exemplify the problem most of the world has. Instead of trying to survive some kind of fictitious and incredibly unlikely war, why not try to avert it? Who is it going to be between, anyway?
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 09:36 PDT
aaronjer
*****'n Admin

Comrade General 5-Star
2005 Mar 21 • 4667
1,227 ₧
Yeah. Good question... this sort of arbitrary Civil War in America doesn't make much sense. We'd have to have distinct factions whose members are extremely loyal that each encompass nearly half the population that hate each other enough to kill each other. I'm really not seeing that...

sprinkles said:
I don't believe in this country enough [anymore] to fight for it.


But... if it's a civil war... you're SURE you wouldn't agree with EITHER side?
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 09:56 PDT — Ed. 2010 Mar 31 at 09:57 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
I'm not really thinking it'd be like the first civil war (north vs. south), I'm seeing more of like a huge country-wide riot where its pretty much everyone for themselves. And if there does end up being a war with separate sides, its most likely going to be over something political, in which case I really won't give a shit and I'll just do whatever it takes to survive.
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 10:23 PDT
sprinkles

Chrome Whore
2009 Sep 6 • 2547
10 ₧
aaronjer said:
Yeah. Good question... this sort of arbitrary Civil War in America doesn't make much sense. We'd have to have distinct factions whose members are extremely loyal that each encompass nearly half the population that hate each other enough to kill each other. I'm really not seeing that...

sprinkles said:
I don't believe in this country enough [anymore] to fight for it.


But... if it's a civil war... you're SURE you wouldn't agree with EITHER side?



If its anything like history then no. We would end up the same way.

I'd fight for my family and friends, but not this country, not now.
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 10:32 PDT — Ed. 2010 Mar 31 at 10:33 PDT
SolidKAYOS
Count Adelaide

Roar Of The Tigress Medal
2007 Jun 24 • 84
68 ₧
Rockbomb said:
I'm not really thinking it'd be like the first civil war (north vs. south), I'm seeing more of like a huge country-wide riot where its pretty much everyone for themselves. And if there does end up being a war with separate sides, its most likely going to be over something political, in which case I really won't give a shit and I'll just do whatever it takes to survive.

Agreed.
Make awkward sexual advances, not war.
Down Rodeo said:
Dammit, this was the one place that didn't have this, but noooooo, molkman pisses all over that
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 14:01 PDT
SuperJer
Websiteman

2005 Mar 20 • 6311
Oh you kids these days.
 
 
2010 Mar 31 at 14:03 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5486
57,583 ₧
 
 
2010 Apr 1 at 16:03 PDT
aaronjer
*****'n Admin

Comrade General 5-Star
2005 Mar 21 • 4667
1,227 ₧
Well I don't care what you guys say. I'm joining the National Alliance of West Americans when it forms from the ashes of our brief but casualty-ridden civil war.

The Eastern American Empire can eat a dick.
 
 
2010 Apr 1 at 17:25 PDT
Page [1] 2