hana cards!

hana cards!

General — Page [1], 2
SRAW
Rocket Man

2007 Nov 6 • 2524
601 ₧
http://www.superjer.com/files/hana/

i was looking thru the site and found this.....
Free Steam Games
 
 
2009 Apr 15 at 18:16 PDT
the_cloud_system
polly pushy pants

2008 Aug 1 • 3043
-6 ₧
I don't like card games...
Samuel adams, always the white choice.
 
 
2009 Apr 15 at 20:17 PDT
SuperJer
Websiteman

2005 Mar 20 • 4899
Don't forget this bit!

superjer.com/files/hana/all_cards.php
 
 
2009 Apr 15 at 23:34 PDT
eDan Co.
Mighty Typist

Real Live Hands-On Rabbi Medal
Consolation Medal
2007 Sep 24 • 2921
252 ₧
I see lots of similarities to our modern playing cards. Are these Japanese by any chance?
May contain traces of invisible text.
 
 
2009 Apr 16 at 03:14 PDT
fedex _

2009 Mar 23 • 886
13 ₧
SRAW said:
http://www.superjer.com/files/hana/

i was looking thru the site and found this.....





I don't really understand these cards lol
melloyellow582 said:
I post sometimes, to make a point.
 
 
2009 Apr 17 at 16:44 PDT
jrkookid
Half Irish, half NOT FUNNY

2007 May 27 • 1415
110 ₧
@ eDan Co.

Quote:
Japanese for Flower Cards, Hanafuda is a traditional deck of playing cards over three centuries old. A deck contains 48 cards, with four cards for each month of the year, January through December. Each month is represented by a characteristic flower. The cards shown here were drawn by SuperJer and based on Nintendo's Hanafuda decks, which incidentally the company has been selling since 1889.
 
 
2009 Apr 19 at 21:16 PDT — Ed. 2009 Apr 19 at 21:16 PDT
aaronjer
*****'n Admin

Comrade General 5-Star
2005 Mar 21 • 4241
1,227 ₧
By that they mean that people have been using the same decks for 300 years. Surprisingly durable, Japanese paper...
 
 
2009 Apr 19 at 21:32 PDT
the_cloud_system
polly pushy pants

2008 Aug 1 • 3043
-6 ₧
Honda...
Samuel adams, always the white choice.
 
 
2009 Apr 19 at 21:42 PDT
eDan Co.
Mighty Typist

Real Live Hands-On Rabbi Medal
Consolation Medal
2007 Sep 24 • 2921
252 ₧
the_cloud_system said:
Honda...

...is Japanese for 'car'. Could you imagine if GMC's name was Car? Silly stuff
May contain traces of invisible text.
 
 
2009 Apr 20 at 02:46 PDT — Ed. 2009 Apr 20 at 10:13 PDT
the_cloud_system
polly pushy pants

2008 Aug 1 • 3043
-6 ₧
eDan Co. said:
the_cloud_system said:
Honda...

...is Japanese for 'car'. Could you imagine if GMC's name was Car? Silly stuff

GMC

Gay Motherfucking Company
Samuel adams, always the white choice.
 
 
2009 Apr 20 at 09:16 PDT
eDan Co.
Mighty Typist

Real Live Hands-On Rabbi Medal
Consolation Medal
2007 Sep 24 • 2921
252 ₧
the_cloud_system said:
eDan Co. said:
the_cloud_system said:
Honda...

...is Japanese for 'car'. Could you imagine if GMC's name was Car? Silly stuff

GMC

Gay Motherfucking Company

...Implying that the company's mother is a man?
May contain traces of invisible text.
 
 
2009 Apr 20 at 09:18 PDT — Ed. 2009 Apr 20 at 10:13 PDT
the_cloud_system
polly pushy pants

2008 Aug 1 • 3043
-6 ₧
Why do people edit just to got the topic off...topic
Samuel adams, always the white choice.
 
 
2009 Apr 20 at 09:32 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5485
57,583 ₧
 
 
2009 Apr 20 at 09:36 PDT
Mate de Vita
Kelli

2008 Oct 4 • 2452
159 ₧
eDan Co. said:
the_cloud_system said:
eDan Co. said:
the_cloud_system said:
Honda...

...is Japanese for 'car'. Could you imagine if GMC's name was Car? Silly stuff

GMC

Gay Motherfucking Company

...Implying that the company's mother is a man?

No more than 5 quotes per chain please! Better safe than sorry.
...and that's the bottom line because Mate de Vita said so.
 
 
2009 Apr 20 at 11:36 PDT — Ed. 2009 Apr 20 at 11:36 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5485
57,583 ₧
Seeing as this is some kind of rule that has anything to do with sraw I'm going to go ahead and call "bullshit" on it.
 
 
2009 Apr 20 at 13:37 PDT
aaronjer
*****'n Admin

Comrade General 5-Star
2005 Mar 21 • 4241
1,227 ₧
eDan Co. said:
...is Japanese for 'car'. Could you imagine if GMC's name was Car? Silly stuff


Honda does not mean 'car' in Japanese. Honda is a family name. Japanese for 'car' is kuruma.
 
 
2009 Apr 21 at 00:23 PDT
eDan Co.
Mighty Typist

Real Live Hands-On Rabbi Medal
Consolation Medal
2007 Sep 24 • 2921
252 ₧
aaronjer said:
eDan Co. said:
...is Japanese for 'car'. Could you imagine if GMC's name was Car? Silly stuff


Honda does not mean 'car' in Japanese. Honda is a family name. Japanese for 'car' is kuruma.

Are you sure? I was told that Honda (or maybe a different Japanese car manufacturer name) meant 'car'. Whatever...
May contain traces of invisible text.
 
 
2009 Apr 21 at 04:42 PDT
aaronjer
*****'n Admin

Comrade General 5-Star
2005 Mar 21 • 4241
1,227 ₧
You were told LIES! Punish the snake-tongued villain.
 
 
2009 Apr 21 at 08:13 PDT
NatureJay
SJA: Commander of Ruthless Abuse

Good Conduct Medal
2005 Mar 22 • 1871
574 ₧
You should have known that was ridiculous from the outset because then E. Honda from Street Fighter II would really be named Edmond Car...

Hold on, I think I might have to write that one down...
100% natural, no antibiotics, and bloodgrass-fed
 
 
2009 Apr 21 at 10:41 PDT
the_cloud_system
polly pushy pants

2008 Aug 1 • 3043
-6 ₧
aaronjer said:
You were told LIES! Punish the snake-tongued villain.


KILL THE NON-BELIEVER!!!
Samuel adams, always the white choice.
 
 
2009 Apr 21 at 10:47 PDT
aaronjer
*****'n Admin

Comrade General 5-Star
2005 Mar 21 • 4241
1,227 ₧
NatureJay said:
You should have known that was ridiculous from the outset because then E. Honda from Street Fighter II would really be named Edmond Car...

Hold on, I think I might have to write that one down...


You just did?
 
 
2009 Apr 21 at 20:09 PDT
Zarathustra
Monotheist

2005 Apr 30 • 315
167 ₧
SRAW said:


superjer said:



Hanafuda (“flower cards”) is a card game that evolved from Western playing cards back when the Japanese wanted to play poker, but the white-man’s culture was permabanned from Japan because Caucasians were to damn tall.

Unlike Western-style cards, the Hanafuda cards contain no numbers. Instead, the 48 cards in the deck use pictures of flowers and plants. The deck is organized in 12 suits, one for each month of the year, and the types of plants represent the months in which they bloom in Japan. Just like western cards, they can be used to play several different games.

Also, you should know that back in 1889, a small company was formed in Kyoto for the specific purpose of producing Hanafuda cards. The company was called Nintendo Koppai.

A century later, it had evolved into a titan in the video game industry: Nintendo.
Now you know.
Thus spoke Zarathustra.
 
 
2010 Jul 18 at 20:56 PDT — Ed. 2010 Jul 18 at 20:56 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2043
eDan Co. said:
aaronjer said:
eDan Co. said:
...is Japanese for 'car'. Could you imagine if GMC's name was Car? Silly stuff


Honda does not mean 'car' in Japanese. Honda is a family name. Japanese for 'car' is kuruma.

Are you sure? I was told that Honda (or maybe a different Japanese car manufacturer name) meant 'car'. Whatever...

el camino means "the car" in spanish, maybe thats what you were thinking of... I know its hard to tell the japenese and the mexicans apart.
 
 
2010 Jul 18 at 21:18 PDT
Mate de Vita
Kelli

2008 Oct 4 • 2452
159 ₧
Damn, now I miss edan again.
...and that's the bottom line because Mate de Vita said so.
 
 
2010 Jul 19 at 06:04 PDT
Down Rodeo
Cap'n Moth of the Firehouse

Find the Hole II Participation Medal
2007 Oct 19 • 5485
57,583 ₧
 
 
2010 Jul 19 at 06:43 PDT
Page [1], 2