Tricked Steam into letting me play DNF early

Tricked Steam into letting me play DNF early

Vidja Games — Page 1 [2]
buq25

2008 Jul 5 • 582
295 ₧
I buy cheap (and "good" games) whenever I can. I have 63 games on steam . I'm still horribly sad about my purchase of Dead Space (which I bought 50% off) that turned out to be an extremely bad consol to pc port. AGH THE CONTROLS!
Today's post brought to you by the letter: "heck".
 
 
2011 Jun 15 at 18:28 PDT
Rockbomb
Dog fucker (but in a good way now)

2009 Nov 13 • 2045
Wow buq, I'm not even gonna lie... you look sexy as
No homo.
 
 
2011 Jun 15 at 18:39 PDT
buq25

2008 Jul 5 • 582
295 ₧
Rockbomb said:
Wow buq, I'm not even gonna lie... you look sexy as
No homo.

I'm homo for me you me.
Today's post brought to you by the letter: "heck".
 
 
2011 Jun 15 at 20:01 PDT — Ed. 2011 Jun 15 at 20:02 PDT
SRAW
Rocket Man

2007 Nov 6 • 2525
601 ₧
A friend of mine bought mw2, bc2, bf2 and some hitman game, all at FULL PRICE

But he's super rich... unlike some of you

^^
I meant us..
Free Steam Games
 
 
2011 Jun 16 at 04:28 PDT — Ed. 2011 Jun 16 at 04:29 PDT
the_cloud_system
polly pushy pants

2008 Aug 1 • 3074
-6 ₧
i JUST got garys mod.

for 10$
I drink to forget but I always remember.
 
 
2011 Jun 16 at 04:59 PDT
molkman
Owner of George Washington's Prototype Mittens

Marine Warfare Corporal
Find the Hole Participation Medal
Find the Hole II Participation Medal
Tasty Br�twurst Medal
2005 May 2 • 2066
404 ₧
You bought a mod! Lolololol

LET LOVE REIGN
 
 
2011 Jun 16 at 05:52 PDT
phoenix_r

2009 May 13 • 902
17 ₧
superjer said:
...the game is boring. And the jokes aren't funny. It's pretty lame.

*we all saw this coming*


The VERY FIRST thing I did in-game was start spamming the function keys. They didn't do shit - not one single peep out of Duke. You lost me there, guys, game over. Learn from G.I. Joe, another franchise with dialog comprised entirely of one-liners. I thought that the only way I'd like the recent live-action reboot was if they had a throwback PSA at the end. The didn't do a PSA but I still enjoyed the movie for what it was. The lesson here is that while you can skip quality content -or- fan service, when you omit both all that remains is crap - shiny, highly-anticipated but ultimately disappointing crap. And it's not even that shiny...
BOO
 
 
2011 Jun 16 at 11:36 PDT — Ed. 2011 Jun 16 at 11:36 PDT
SuperJer
Websiteman

2005 Mar 20 • 6291
I've played it some more and it actually gets better.

The first 2 hours are awful. But I got to the alien-hive in the Duke Dome and, although it still isn't great, at least it has some atmosphere. It's really slimy and gross. And the boss fight is OK.

I'm in the Duke Burger now, and it's somewhat fun. The shrunken-in-the-kitchen bit is pretty good.

Overall it's awful, but you can tell the original concept was alright and it could have been pretty good.
 
 
2011 Jun 17 at 22:20 PDT
molkman
Owner of George Washington's Prototype Mittens

Marine Warfare Corporal
Find the Hole Participation Medal
Find the Hole II Participation Medal
Tasty Br�twurst Medal
2005 May 2 • 2066
404 ₧
...if 3D Realms actually finished it and not Gearbox.
LET LOVE REIGN
 
 
2011 Jun 18 at 03:05 PDT
fedex _

2009 Mar 23 • 906
13 ₧
superjer said:
I've played it some more and it actually gets better.

The first 2 hours are awful. But I got to the alien-hive in the Duke Dome and, although it still isn't great, at least it has some atmosphere. It's really slimy and gross. And the boss fight is OK.

I'm in the Duke Burger now, and it's somewhat fun. The shrunken-in-the-kitchen bit is pretty good.

Overall it's awful, but you can tell the original concept was alright and it could have been pretty good.



Remember u can never beat the classics versions , I don't know why it's like that
Every game that I played the first was always better then the second just like bioshock
melloyellow582 said:
I post sometimes, to make a point.
 
 
2011 Jun 18 at 04:12 PDT
SRAW
Rocket Man

2007 Nov 6 • 2525
601 ₧
fedex _ said:

Every game that I played the first was always better then the second just like bioshock


Funny how aaronjer thinks the exact opposite
Free Steam Games
 
 
2011 Jun 18 at 05:07 PDT
SuperJer
Websiteman

2005 Mar 20 • 6291
Um. Duke Nukem 3D was the third game in the series.
 
 
2011 Jun 18 at 20:12 PDT
molkman
Owner of George Washington's Prototype Mittens

Marine Warfare Corporal
Find the Hole Participation Medal
Find the Hole II Participation Medal
Tasty Br�twurst Medal
2005 May 2 • 2066
404 ₧
And the first one was not thaaaat enjoyable.
LET LOVE REIGN
 
 
2011 Jun 19 at 03:00 PDT
NatureJay
SJA: Commander of Ruthless Abuse

Good Conduct Medal
2005 Mar 22 • 1871
574 ₧
What I remember of the first one was that I couldn't aim up or turn off the sound effects.

Now the second one, I played the hell out of
100% natural, no antibiotics, and bloodgrass-fed
 
 
2011 Jun 19 at 12:14 PDT
molkman
Owner of George Washington's Prototype Mittens

Marine Warfare Corporal
Find the Hole Participation Medal
Find the Hole II Participation Medal
Tasty Br�twurst Medal
2005 May 2 • 2066
404 ₧
The second one kicks some major ass.

(Also Manhattan Project was somewhat enjoyable, ha.)
LET LOVE REIGN
 
 
2011 Jun 19 at 15:02 PDT
phoenix_r

2009 May 13 • 902
17 ₧
I had some fun with the remote control car even if the handbrake was less than satisfying. Reminded me of my personal favorite Duke game - Death Rally!
BOO
 
 
2011 Jun 20 at 08:22 PDT
fedex _

2009 Mar 23 • 906
13 ₧
superjer said:
Um. Duke Nukem 3D was the third game in the series.


yea i know that but who plays the shitty 1 n 2 version

i hate side scrollers
melloyellow582 said:
I post sometimes, to make a point.
 
 
2011 Jun 20 at 14:28 PDT
aaronjer
*****'n Admin

Comrade General 5-Star
2005 Mar 21 • 4614
1,227 ₧
Death Rally isn't a Duke game, it just inexplicably has Duke in it. He isn't any more important than any of the other racers in the game, nor is his presence even mentioned.
 
 
2011 Jun 20 at 16:10 PDT
SuperJer
Websiteman

2005 Mar 20 • 6291
phoenix_r said:
I had some fun with the remote control car even if the handbrake was less than satisfying. Reminded me of my personal favorite Duke game - Death Rally!

What the hell? iPad and Phone only? Awww, jeeez, Remedy!
 
 
2011 Jun 20 at 22:46 PDT
phoenix_r

2009 May 13 • 902
17 ₧
superjer said:
phoenix_r said:
I had some fun with the remote control car even if the handbrake was less than satisfying. Reminded me of my personal favorite Duke game - Death Rally!

What the hell? iPad and Phone only? Awww, jeeez, Remedy!


Link to windows installer found on the remedy deathrally site
BOO
 
 
2011 Jun 22 at 11:57 PDT
SuperJer
Websiteman

2005 Mar 20 • 6291
Yeah, I know the 1996 one is for Windows. (Wasn't it DOS?)

But the new one is for iPhad and iPone.
 
 
2011 Jun 22 at 23:34 PDT
phoenix_r

2009 May 13 • 902
17 ₧
superjer said:
Yeah, I know the 1996 one is for Windows. (Wasn't it DOS?)

But the new one is for iPhad and iPone.


Ah. The link is to a 2009 port of the DOS original to Windows. The iOS one has more/different content then? I guess on the site it says that it's "now bigger, stronger and more vicious than ever" which is also what she said, or so I've been told. I wasn't actually there...
BOO
 
 
2011 Jun 23 at 08:55 PDT
Page 1 [2]